• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear Run in August

IN AUGUST??? A.....U.....G....U....S....T....?

Yup, Aug 8, 9, 10 is when we'll be there. I know it's hot, but it's a dry hot. Or whatever that phrase is. Should get the coastal flow up there in the evenings and mornings. I know, I'm just trying to convince myself that it won't be too hot.

Dan

Hot? you gotta be kidding me. Los Coyotes is at least 3500 ft. elevation. Now Borrego Springs will still be hot....but in August you should expect rains in the afternoon....not the 'dry heat' you might be thinking about. I can tell you all now I'LL BE THERE! So all of you who have no $#%#$% idea who I am should at least come on bye to say hi.

It certainly could be....the smoke is filling Borregp valley....they did mention evacuating the Boy Scout camp and that is on the other end of the mountain from Los Coyotes. I was planning on cheking it out tonight......

Is this run still on?

Warner Springs is practically in my backyard compared to Big Bear.

I definitely want to check it out!

Josh H

Yeah, still on. I think we can get a group discount if I call and set it up. We'll be with the loose nuts group. Hope to see everyone there.

Dan

BTW, it aug 8,9,10. The campground gates supposedly open at 10AM on friday.

No gates..just a husband/wife couple of kids hanging around an entrance building... BTW it looks as though the entire mountain got lots of rain Wednesday night. It should make for one heck of a good time....sorry I will be missing this one....

Back