• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG Mud-terrain KM2 vs. Cooper Discoverer STT

its seems as though everyone buying tires forgets about the kevlar mtr's is the price realy that different or is it because they look more like a mall crawler tire because I got the 33's in december my rig drives everywhere and the tires are holding up great before i bought them i was looking into buying spools for cheap traction but because how well they have worked for me im gonna wait until i can afford selectable lockers
sorry for the book but thats my .02 on the matter

I listed STTs and KM2s as choices because they don't offer the Kevlar in a 30x9.5. I only have 2" of lift and don't need 31s. This is my daily driver rig. Also, my friend had 31s on 2" and even with bumpstopping it rubbed the fenders when turning. Thanks everyone for your info. :cheers:

I only have 2" of lift and don't need 31s. This is my daily driver rig. Also, my friend had 31s on 2" and even with bumpstopping it rubbed the fenders when turning. Thanks everyone for your info. :cheers:

I drove mine for a year and a half with 31's and a BB with trimmed fenders. Now, i'm around 3.5 with 32" KM2's and still DD it.

I drove mine for a year and a half with 31's and a BB with trimmed fenders. Now, i'm around 3.5 with 32" KM2's and still DD it.

Yeah I don't want to trim or hack mine up since its pretty clean. I'd go with a bigger lift and get some 31s or 32s but theres no legal places to wheel around here. Not sure why they don't make 30x9.5 kevlars since they made the original MT/Rs in a 30x9.5. I'm probably going to go with KM2s. :roll:

Took my KM2s out for the first time in the mud and rocks this past weekend. I also went snow wheeling with them this past winter. The tires did great in all instances. And I DD my truck and they've worn very well on beadlocks and 8 oz. of Airsoft pellets.

IMG_7184Large.jpg

I love your MJ! Very nice truck!

I drove cross country on my 31x10.50 MT/R s LOVED em. They were on my TJ and the only real place i had a problem was in deep beach sand out on the outer banks of NC. That was some serious soft stuff though. Mud, snow, Red N Texas clay, they handled it all. and after two cross country trips they had a lot of tread left to boot.

Yeah I don't want to trim or hack mine up since its pretty clean. I'd go with a bigger lift and get some 31s or 32s but theres no legal places to wheel around here. Not sure why they don't make 30x9.5 kevlars since they made the original MT/Rs in a 30x9.5. I'm probably going to go with KM2s. :roll:

Good choice, I love mine.

I didnt even see this discussion... Im on the same wavelength as you too OP. Im debating back and forth on the two exact tires..

If you go with the KM2s www.4wheelparts.com has 50 buck shipping, 50 bucks instantly off, and 50 buck rebate.

I'm starting to think Cooper can't make a round tire. I have a set of Discoverer ATR on my '96-got them from my son, I never would have bought them-and after being balanced three times, the last of which was a Hunter Road Force, I just have to leave the worst of them on the back. They are better in snow than the Indy 500 tires I had on there, but the Firestones handle great, balance beautiful, and ride like butter. I know, not the manliest tires, especially on a Jeep forum, but it's the car that brings home the paycheck, so it doesn't get wheeled. Oh, the Coopers on the Outback suck, too. Noisy, and hate to hold a balance. Bottom line, no more Coopers!

Back