• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best winch for money

shelbyluvv said:
I have a Ramsey 8.5e and I really like the little guy. It is a bit slow but it has never let me down. I use it all the time. For $399 shipped from Sam's Offroad it is a steal.

DITTO!

Ever wonder why Superwinch is the most used winch in the world..................how many Warn winches do you see in Africa or South America...???? Camel Trophy..........Superwinch, Rhino Challenge......Superwinch........the EP series is an amazing deal, greater line speed less, less amp draw, 21/64" cable versus 5/16" on Warn etc....( 9000lb series) greater stall rating, Superwinch has amazing products.........but assume that the operators of the winch have a respect and the knowledge of how to operate a winch. Can I stall a Superwinch sure I can (if I dont care about it), and yes I have stalled and Warn 8274, Ramsey RE-series.....why because I was operating beyond the capabilities of the winch. Learn proper recovery techniques (using snatch blocks for double-triple-quad-..-...-... pulls) and no mater what whinch you use will serve you well. Anything you can do to make the recovery process easier on the winch (using you hi-lift to break the suction of the goo on your ride etc....) will give you greater performance and longevity. Look after your gear and it will not let you down.....I read once on a thread here about a guy that bought a winch and did not want the "poser" look of his cable (meaning nice unifrom wraps and layers of cable), its not a poser look.........its a sign of a professional..........whats the breaking strenth of your cable.....that kink you have reduces it by how much??? All the major manufactures winches are good, take the time to compare the specs to see what you actually get.......Superwinch EPi9000 (complete with snatch block and roller fairlead) on avergae in the US about $500...........or you can get a Warn M8000 (nothing extra) or a Milemarker E9000 (with a roller) or a Ramsey 8.5REP (with nothing) look at the specs, line speed amp draw, cable diameter, type of moter, compatibility with synthetic line etc.... before you make a decision.
The Superwinch EP series if a great value, and at a lower price as the compnay tries to gain a larger portion of the North American market.

Back