• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best ways to boost mpg?

If you save 2 gallons a day, that's roughly $5 per day. $100/month towards some new sliders.

very good point. next paycheck is going to air intake and tb. i already have a flowmaster 50series sitting waiting to go on something, so ill throw that on, probably with a turn down.

totally redo the body with something a little more aerodynamic than a brick

I got 18-20 in my XJ with 3.55s and 30s. Step down to 30s. The half inch of clearance won't hurt you, but the narrower (less wind resistance, less rolling resistance), lighter, shorter tire should help bring back a little power and restore mileage. When I had my 30's it was with a nose high lift, 3" up front, then later 4.5" coils, and 1.5" shackle out back with sagging leafs. Even with 6" of lift and 30's my mileage stayed about the same.

Now at 5.5" and 33s, it sucks. 12-14.

I got 18-20 in my XJ with 3.55s and 30s. Step down to 30s. The half inch of clearance won't hurt you, but the narrower (less wind resistance, less rolling resistance), lighter, shorter tire should help bring back a little power and restore mileage. When I had my 30's it was with a nose high lift, 3" up front, then later 4.5" coils, and 1.5" shackle out back with sagging leafs. Even with 6" of lift and 30's my mileage stayed about the same.

Now at 5.5" and 33s, it sucks. 12-14.

Does 30" vs 31" really make that big a difference?

My experience was that I got 18-20 on 30s. If it carries over to you as well, then awesome! Most likely couldn't hurt though.

Back