• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best way to cover peep holes w/o weld

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
i had to cut peeps under the back seat to get to the front leaf bolts i dont have a welder so what do u recomend i do. ts in a place u will never see so looks dont matter much

The reason i cut the holes was... The bolts would come out as long as the threads pulled it out then it was stuck in the leaf spring sleav thing. so i put the bolt in and cut the unthreaded part through the hole then screwed it out and cut the other end off. then with some wiggling it fell out anyone ever do this

5-90 said:
Make the holes nice and round, and find a knockout plug to fit. Be sure to paint the exposed edges of the sheetmetal to protect them.

Check your hardware store for knockouts - you can usually find them in chromed steel or rubber.

If the hardware does not have what you need try the plumbing supply store. I used a hole saw to make my holes round so a knockout plug would fit. Primed everything up good then used a little hurculiner to seal everything. Don't want any rust down the trail.

I JB welded a flat piece of steel over some holes that I had to cut and then Herculined over them. It would work without the Heruliner though.

Wow, I just realized that I resurrected a pretty old thread. Sorry about that.

Thank you for doing that, I could use a few of those body plugs from JC whitney.

Back