• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best steering box brace?

M.O.R.E. does them or at least used to... From everything I've seen they're all pretty much the same. Just need something that limits leverage on the box and firmly attaches to the other side. I know plenty of folks who have made their own and wheel the piss outta their rigs. They've held up just fine. :)

cherowagon said:
i was thinking rusty's for $59 but what out there is better? already have the c-rok plates.
If you have the inner and outer plates, you shouldn't need anything else, just ordered another set from C-rok for other project.

Mine
mj022.jpg

Nuff said....................

X2 on the C-Rok

Kent :)

Skullvarian said:
If you have the inner and outer plates, you shouldn't need anything else, just ordered another set from C-rok for other project.

Would have to agree.

Rob

I have the M.O.R.E on now, well worth the money, and just got my c rok plates yesterday. Gonna run both.....

jrsxj98 said:
I have the M.O.R.E on now, well worth the money, and just got my c rok plates yesterday. Gonna run both.....

I run both the MORE brace with the inner crok plate-front bumper is from RIGIDCO (mounting plate extends out like the crok outer plate). crok inner and outer setup includes the metal crush sleeves for the steering box bolts.

last summer i ripped the upper bolt out of my steering box. i've got the c-rok inner plate on there now and i'll be adding either the MORE or rustys brace. those definately would have prevented it.

IMHO the C-ROK is better and stronger. Not the mention Greg is awesome and his product comes with step by step directions to do it right the first time. He hooked me up with the best solution for making an awesome attachment for my winch bumper. I'd take the C-ROK over all others. The ebay copy is missing the stiffener piece that wraps and attaches to the underside of the the uni-body frame. No comparo!

Looks like they spent more time on the logo than making it as strong as what they are trying to copy. I've got C-ROK inner and outer braces on both sides and the MORE brace to stiffen up the bottom of the box. With 33"'s I haven't ripped the box loose at Fordyce nor have I pulled of the front bumper with the 10,500LB winch.

After several trips to the Rubicon and Fordyce I have had to replace the steering box. I'm sure I'll go through make more before the front end of the unibody gives up the ghost.:sunshine:

Back