• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best side steps???

I'm assuming it's some sort of pin/bolt that you remove to move the rockrail in and out. That takes away from the overall strength of the structure of all these other rails that are a solid member. You're really not gaining anything over a rail design like what I or JCR builds. Also a 2x4 section of 1/8" wall steel isn't all that tough, getting into the realm of nerfbars.

Please don't take this as me slamming them in hopes to make a sale, not at all my mission. I'm just shooting you a straight honest opinion.

AJsArmor said:
I'm assuming it's some sort of pin/bolt that you remove to move the rockrail in and out. That takes away from the overall strength of the structure of all these other rails that are a solid member. You're really not gaining anything over a rail design like what I or JCR builds. Also a 2x4 section of 1/8" wall steel isn't all that tough, getting into the realm of nerfbars.

Please don't take this as me slamming them in hopes to make a sale, not at all my mission. I'm just shooting you a straight honest opinion.

I agree.

i've been looking at the Proto Fab rockers. I think think they look good, but I haven't seen them in person, yet. About $280, but very stout looking, and cheaper than a lot of the cosmetic steps.

If you are looking for cheap... go spend $300 on a set of Westin's....and you have to buy another cheap set after the VERY FIRST rock you "run across".

Or you could spend LESS money on a set that will actually hold up. I don't work for AJ's but I am a VERY satified customer. I don;t want to price quote for AJ's but his website says you can get:
1/8” wall SuperRails $205
3/16” wall SuperRails $225
and the super rails have an extension that can be used as a tree guide or a step...I have the 3/16" super rails and never even worried about them...
It is the best protection that I have put on my Jeep

I have some pretty wide rocker guards that i built out of 3/16" steel and i designed them with a step in mind but to be real honest with you, i'm 6 foot and its kinda aukward to use them as a step because the door opening isn't tall enough. they are great on the trail for looking ahead, staying dry and especially getting to the roof rack but i find that most of the time when entering my jeep, i step over them...
BTW i couldn't agree more with everyone else; get a set of REAL rocker guards! they will do everything the steps will plus so much more. i have seen so many of those silly little nurf bars rot right through:puke:
261ii9.jpg

266dw2.jpg

279ts6.jpg

BADaXJ said:
I have some pretty wide rocker guards that i built out of 3/16" steel and i designed them with a step in mind but to be real honest with you, i'm 6 foot and its kinda aukward to use them as a step because the door opening isn't tall enough. they are great on the trail for looking ahead, staying dry and especially getting to the roof rack but i find that most of the time when entering my jeep, i step over them...
BTW i couldn't agree more with everyone else; get a set of REAL rocker guards! they will do everything the steps will plus so much more. i have seen so many of those silly little nurf bars rot right through:puke:
261ii9.jpg

266dw2.jpg

279ts6.jpg

Those rock rails look almost identical to my pair of AJ's Super Square rails - except for the Jeep logo.

They have similar designs but mine are a bit wider and have 3 frame mounts per side, rather than two, making the mid section much stronger and its also mounted the entire length of the pinch seam:wave1:

Back