• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier

trashedxj said:
i've had no expirience yet but when i get tax return check im getting front and rear nates4x4 bumpers, lookthem up they look awesome for the price(under 600 shipped front winch and rear standard with d-ring tabs) www.nates4x4.com check them out

Really?
I dont think it has a good design at all. It is so flat through the most part that is offers zero protection from even the slightest knock from behind. In fact the tailgate has parts that stick out more! Even the way the ends have been finished off. What is the point of cutting it up on an angle like that as it does not increase you clearance and only opens up a nasty looking hole?

100_1049.jpg

No no no! You're all wrong! Go to Ajsoffroadarmor.com and get in touch with AJ. He makes the best stuff out there and will tailer it to your needs.

helix said:
No no no! You're all wrong! Go to Ajsoffroadarmor.com and get in touch with AJ. He makes the best stuff out there and will tailer it to your needs.
Pic, price?????

OK I finally got the page up, it's nice work I guess it's a call for price thing though

Last edited:
There all nice but man big dollars If I can't get one for less I'll try to build

Rigid sell's it for like $400. That's really hard to beat considering what you get.
Plus the tire mount is adjustable from side to side and you get a SERIOUS mounting system with it.

Do the research. There is no comparison.

gmanxj said:
Rigid sell's it for like $400. That's really hard to beat considering what you get.
Plus the tire mount is adjustable from side to side and you get a SERIOUS mounting system with it.

Do the research. There is no comparison.
I've seen that one but didn't relize it's 400 is that for the bumper and the cariier?

I went pretty boy with a TJM with tire carrier. I like the second set of tail lights (looks like a land rover rear bumper) and it mounted via the eight stock holes and brakets where the trailer hitch mounts. I have a 285 70 r16 MT on it no problems.

I've got the C4X4 and like it a lot. Dragged it across a rock the other day and barley even scratched it. I will have to say I really do like the design of the Ridco just not to sure about how high up the tire sits. Tires tend to get heavey and I'm not sure I would want to wrestle that thing on and off on the trail. Other than that I really like the design.

Ray

you all suck, that topic has been covered million times already, let the dude read all the search results on his own and decide by pics and whatever comes up. This type of question should be a sticky and a prerequesite before anyone can get registered on this board, as a member or not.

Purple said:
you all suck, that topic has been covered million times already, let the dude read all the search results on his own and decide by pics and whatever comes up. This type of question should be a sticky and a prerequesite before anyone can get registered on this board, as a member or not.
bad day at work?

lol, no, but if you keep watching the board.... a question like that will pop up within next two days:)
Gearing has a sticky,
roof racks and bumpers should have one too, or at least a section where all these Qs and As would be:) or something like that:) ...

Purple said:

I actually read all of the threads on 10 pages of threads on rear bumpers/tire carriers. Did you not read the first post in this thread? I don't ask because I'm lazy. I ask because all the searching of the boards and the internet did not give me the info I'm looking for.

We're all friends here right?

I am currently working on our prototype rear bumper, I should have some pics by the end of next week. We will start shipping them by the end of the month. We should also have our site up by the end of the month, where you will be able to check out all of our products including, front bumpers, rear bumpers, rock sliders, roof racks, rear cargo area racks, roll cage kits, steering parts, and some other misc. items, all designed to provide a perfect fit & finish, while still being extremly durable, light-weight, and good looking.

A little info on our rear bumper:
mounting system similar to Rigid's
tube style (plate style to follow)
w/ or w/o tire carrier
tire carrier is adj. up & down w/ a gas strut assist to allow for moving your 100lb. tire/wheel combo w/ one hand. Up high for trail clearance, or down low for street driving(maintain rear visibility)
I am in the process of becoming a member, but untill then, I dont think I can post pics here, but if anyone is intrested, I can email pics of our front bumper, or sliders - even if you are not intrested, take a look & judge for yourself!
NAXJA MEMBERS:
The first one to order one of our front bumpers gets it for $300 + shipping

[email protected] coming soon www.mgfaboffroad.com

passxj said:
Any other options
I got a good deal on a used BulletProof. After slight mod to fit my late model (it was off an early model) it's worked great. Not a wiggle, no noise. Of course I'm only running a 30 on it now.....someday will get to 33s! It's got a place for HighLift, as well as can handle 2 gas cans (not likely to ever use that), D rings, built in hitch, and is an air tank. I'd rec it. Don't know that I could justify the retail price....oops. :shocked:

I have the C4X4 bumper and tire carrier that I bought from Fergie. No complaints at all. If you can't fabricate one, buying second-hand is the next best thing, considering how expensive these things are.
calico06t.jpg

The only reason I mention this is because it has not been mentioned in this thread yet.

I personally can not imagine buying a rear bumper (or building one myself) if it did not wrap around the end and protect the rear quarter panels (behind the rear tires). I cut mine off and my home built bumper protects them. A few companies have guards for there, but very few offer a true wrap around that protects that area. As far as I know Rigidco, C-rock, and Detours? all might have that option.

If I bought stuff like this I would purchase the Rigidco wrap around.
Just my .02
Michael

Back