• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Quiet Tire

My mom has very good experience with her bfg rugged trails. I believe she is around the 60k mark and they still have another 20k left in them. I just drove from Memphis to Nashville and I couldnt even hear them. Thats very good for a tire with 60k miles on them IMO

My mom has very good experience with her bfg rugged trails. I believe she is around the 60k mark and they still have another 20k left in them. I just drove from Memphis to Nashville and I couldnt even hear them. Thats very good for a tire with 60k miles on them IMO

All our 1/4 to 1/2 ton fleet trucks either run BFG rugged trail's or all-terrain KO's, as far as I've seen.

VERY long wearing, tough tires. Very predictable service life, unless some type of trauma is suffered servicing our powerpoles in the back country.

Even then, they can take a lot of abuse.

Is it hard to find a shop to 'true' a tire? I'm familiar with shaving a tire, as to reduce tread for racing, but didn't know it was available for street-useable tires. Quite possibly I could have rescued the last set.

Not too many shops do this anymore. Shops that service truck tires often offer this service. I found one shop that's 30 miles from my house. I'm not sure if this is a good option for street tires. The MT's i run have plenty of meat to work with, I called the shop before I going to confirm the could service my size/type tire.

Not too many shops do this anymore. Shops that service truck tires often offer this service. I found one shop that's 30 miles from my house. I'm not sure if this is a good option for street tires. The MT's i run have plenty of meat to work with, I called the shop before I going to confirm the could service my size/type tire.

Good to know. When I started to suspect an out-of-round condition, I jacked the left rear tire up, with the car secured, and put it in gear (open rear!). The way the tire looked as it spun-faster than a balancing machine would spin it- I'll bet about 3/4" or better would need to be removed. One was real bad, two others just a little out, one was fine.

I've only had these tires for about 3k miles but have driven them in various conditions and they are great and QUIET. only time i KIND of hear any noise is at exactly 53mph. Above or below that i can't hear anything and even at that it may not even be the tires.

(235/75/15)
Anyway since i drive on the street the most, i bought these KUMHO kl61 tires. THey are an all terrain but from looking at them/research are basically the closest to a street tire you can get, but still being an all terrain tire. I have no complaints w/ them infact they are quite impressive, and are very cheap. They haven't taken off in popularity for whatever reason but they are good tires for sure. And as quiet as any other street tire on the highway, i've taken them up to 95mph or so w/o any tire noise, i find in the jeep beyond about 55mph the only thing i hear is wind noise and nothing else. BTW they are also severe snow rated.

This place had the cheapest prices. BTW Tirerack.com would NOT match/beat this competitors price.
https://www.tiresavings.com/tireSho...tirename=Road+Venture+SAT+KL61&season=Regular

post-63397-1243357079_thumb.jpg

On the XJ I currently run the Firestone Destinations ATs (265x75x16), they are a nice quiet smooth tire & the price was great @ $112 Each.

But I have to say if money is not an issue Michelins are the quietest, smoothest, best all around tires I have ever run on anything, Car or Truck!

Back