• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best hollister trip ever

Great videos!

I would call your driving style (clearing my throat) smooth. JK lol

Keep on keeping on that skinny pedal!

I feel like this is a common trend that you seem to be losing power steering pumps alot , why do think ?

Wasn't the pump last time, the pump probably burnt up running it dry getting off the Dusy. I broke the sector shaft off the xj steering box, replaced it with a spare wagoneer box I had, and the lines didn't fit. Drive it empty off the trail(8 miles). Replaced the box, steering shaft, and all lines. Also added a small cooler. Worked fine for a short test drive, towed it down to hollister and it worked for maybe 5 minutes. Should have replaced the pump after running it dry for so long. I had the truck waiting to tow it home, so I still ran the top 3 sections of the new course without power steering. Then the wife broke hers and I had to drive mine home without doors last night. Freezing.

haha that is totally awesome man. No doors and no PS all the way to patterson. that must have been nuts.

Actually, I finally got the alignment dialed and even without power steering it drives better than it ever has on the street. Can't wait to go back to the Dusy and get some payback. The heater doesn't work for crap though.

Back