• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best front coil springs to get 3-4" of lift?

I like my OME springs although I'm not sure on the lengths I have the medium duty springs that came with my 3.5" kit but they came with spacers. Not sure why, does OME not make a 3.5" spring? The ride is a little rough but my shackle angle sucks and my leafs are the heavy duty dual rate.

they aren't a real 3.5 no, but they aren't really in the same class of product that we're talking about either. :)

I like my OME springs although I'm not sure on the lengths I have the medium duty springs that came with my 3.5" kit but they came with spacers. Not sure why, does OME not make a 3.5" spring? The ride is a little rough but my shackle angle sucks and my leafs are the heavy duty dual rate.

OME makes some springs specifically for the XJ but I believe they are for less than 2 inches of lift. This would explain your spacer. Some people have used 2 inch lift springs for a V8 ZJ. They are supposed to provide about 3 inches of lift on an XJ.

Yeah the "no lift" zj springs already give around 1 to 1.5 inches so that would make sense.

I've been running a set of Rusty's 4.5" lift coils for the last 6 years and they still float like a Cadillac. The only reason I might run a different brand is Rusty's doesn't make a 5.5" lift coil and that's what I'm thinking of moving up to.

Back