• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best crossmember

denverd1

NAXJA Forum User
Sup NAXJA. finalizing getting parts gathered for the long arm/axle swap etc. We had a good talk on lockers. went with a detroit rear, OX front IIRC....

What's your favorite crossmember? Integrated 3 link mounts would be nice. I'll probably build off it to add skids. Gotta be beefy and ready to ship out in a week or two.

What would you buy?

thought about building one, but this one feels like the time vs $$ factor,, buying one mostly done makes the most sense..

I like the stinky fab crossmember. But doubtful its is in stock.

How you liking the Detroit?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

thought about building one, but this one feels like the time vs $$ factor,, buying one mostly done makes the most sense..

I think most people who build it end up spending half as much as buying it and get half the quality. It’s like comparing a cheap Amazon philips screw driver to a nice high quality one. Yes they both turn screws except the cheap one strips the head while the nice one turns the screw, but other than they they’re both a philips head screw driver.

I have the Rusty’s one. People talk shit. I have no complaints. It hold the transmission just fine and I plan to use the lower mounts for my mower links.

Still in a box. Prepping 44s to swap in. By prepping I mean buying parts at this point

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yea SFR not in stock

I think most people who build it end up spending half as much as buying it and get half the quality. It’s like comparing a cheap Amazon philips screw driver to a nice high quality one. Yes they both turn screws except the cheap one strips the head while the nice one turns the screw, but other than they they’re both a philips head screw driver.

I have the Rusty’s one. People talk shit. I have no complaints. It hold the transmission just fine and I plan to use the lower mounts for my mower links.
Excellent feedback. I'll check it out

I’m a fan of both Clayton and TNT. Clayton is a good clean product to build off of. TNT is very well integrated with their skid setup.

Concerning building your own... I did it. Basically a carbon copy of the Clayton crossmember. While I was happy with the end product I don’t think I saved any money and spent a lot of time. With material prices right now, I’m not convinced you could make it cheaper than buying. Concerning the quality of any home built components... if your product t comes out inferior, well that’s on you. Anyone with any fab experience can do it no problem. Anyone with attention to detail and who is honest with their welds can do it for a first time project.

I've had an old style TnT radius arm crossmember on my Jeep for years and its absolute beef. I've pretty much dropped my Jeep onto rocks on top of it and its held up great. I love how the control arms mount flush with the bottom of the unibody rail instead of hanging down lower. Only thing I don't love is there is no drop-out center, so I need to pull the crossmember to service the transmission (PITA), but I think all the newer crossmembers are 3 piece.

I'd love to go with a legit flat-bottom skid (clock t-case) with a 3 link mount (put upper through floor), but for the time/money/effort I think my current setup is a good compromise and has done me well for awhile.

Yea SFR not in stock

I threw mine on even though I haven't gotten around to the long arms yet and I really like it. May be worth an email to see when it will be back in stock.

If I could find dirtbounds assembled, I'd buy it. Got 220 in the garage to run my welder, but let's be honest, i'm an amateur welder at best...

will check out clayton and TNT

Back