• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Benz diesel in a XJ speedometer & TC lockup

well still no speedo. I checked and I have good 8vdc at the orange wire feeding the speed sender. The white orange I checked for continuity and it was good, and with the cluster out, I jumpered the wht/orange to the pin 5 on the cluster. I also jumpered to chassis ground the black wire contact on the cluster
Still nothing. How can I check the speed sender????. new ones are in stock but they are $36. I don't want to spend if I don't have too.
This jeep is very close to getting banished to a remote off grid location where it can spend the rest of its life hooked up to a solar battery maintainer, and driven maybe once or twice a year when I get out there to visit.
The moral of this story is when you do a engine conversion go with a standard transmission and save yourself a lot of headache.

Back