• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

belated Christmas party

Israel

NAXJA Forum User
If we still want to use the Scera theater, they have an afternoon available on the 5th or the 26th of January. No evenings available, I guess. It is 50.00 to reserve the room and we need to be out by 5:00.

Whaddya all think?

I am game, I just dont know how people will feel about it being during the day rather than the evening. I personally dont mind either way.

Not to be a party pooper but I dont think many will want to do an early party unless wheeling is involved. There may be a little more interest if the party was before Christmas, but after most people are just glad it is over. I may be wrong about this so I would suggest that we take a quick poll and find out what others think.

ROOK1 said:
Not to be a party pooper but I dont think many will want to do an early party unless wheeling is involved. There may be a little more interest if the party was before Christmas, but after most people are just glad it is over. I may be wrong about this so I would suggest that we take a quick poll and find out what others think.
I can promise you that it is too late to do it before Christmas. There won't be any place available now.

I do agree with the early part though. I would like to try and do this in the Evening.

DrMoab said:
I can promise you that it is too late to do it before Christmas. There won't be any place available now.

I do agree with the early part though. I would like to try and do this in the Evening.

We should probably look for something further north then since the Scera theater won't have any evenings available until mid February at the earliest.

what about instead of achristmas party it could just be a meet and greet where we could plan the trails and activities for the whole year. that way everyone can plan for time off to attend the trails that they want to go to and the BOD can attend witout conflicts because events are planned in advance and those that want a say in what happens for the year can attend the party, meeting or whatever you want to call it. BBQ;s can be planned, Geocashe volunteers can be set in advance and ideas for fundraisers could be brought up.

Just my 00.02

XJBANKER said:
what about instead of achristmas party it could just be a meet and greet where we could plan the trails and activities for the whole year. that way everyone can plan for time off to attend the trails that they want to go to and the BOD can attend witout conflicts because events are planned in advance and those that want a say in what happens for the year can attend the party, meeting or whatever you want to call it. BBQ;s can be planned, Geocashe volunteers can be set in advance and ideas for fundraisers could be brought up.

Just my 00.02
We tried to do that this year. See how well that worked out? :D

Hey all, I'm back from the my work and life imposed timeout. It gets pretty busy at the end of the year.

I think you should get as much input as you can from the members.
Then you can make the best possible plans and let life mess it all up....:eek:

Really, get the input and make the plans. Life happens and you make the best of it, those that can make the events do those who can't don't. A bit harsh but you will kill yourselves if you try to work around everyone schedule.

We tried to find a regular time to hold meeting but with Ryan and my schedules it was very difficult. If your schedules are somewhat regular it will help.

Do remember that at least one member of the BOD needs to be there for it to be an official event/meeting. So you can feel good about setting dates and times around your own schedules.:)

I like the idea of a meet & greet to gather the ideas from the members. You can also start a thread to gather ideas before the meeting. This will get people thinking and give you a starting place for the discussion.

I'll start with a couple of ideas...
A Vernal run in June would be nice before it gets to hot.

I would suggest using the U4 runs. You may only get 2 as official chapter runs because they usually schedule the fall run about the time of Fall Fling. And the spring run is near the usual time for the IC Spring run in Moab (If you are still planning on that).

Back