• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Be prepared

bmikes

NAXJA Forum User
I got tired of having a bunch of crap loose in my glove box and center console that I rarely use, so I came up with the idea of getting Tupperware and just keeping it under the front seats.

In one I have maps of hood river, mt hood, and browns camp as well as some other semi important papers.

In the other one I have spare fuses of all different amps, matches, a lighter or two, flint and steel, spare batteries for my flashlights, spare psi gauge, couple lug nuts, compass, relay, sharpie and some other little stuff.

What else do you guys think would be good to carry?

Note, just little stuff. I have spare fluids and tools in the back, and my winch controller in the center console.
c11f2dde9b471a6e4705af90c5cfcb08.jpg

Zip ties, electrical tape, maybe even some wire....

Good idea, I need to get my shit organized, and my brothers....

I'll keep thinking and let ya know if I think of any other handy small stuff. :)

I carry 2 MRE's and water, under the rear seat. A spare front axle and rear axle shaft, basic tools. A shovel and saw, everyday

Re: Re: Be prepared

I carry 2 MRE's and water, under the rear seat. A spare front axle and rear axle shaft, basic tools. A shovel and saw, everyday
MRE's are a good idea, but the shafts and shovel and stuff can't really fit in the Tupperwares under the seat :p

Small first aid kit, or just band aids, neosporen, cleaning/alcohol wipes...

I had some zip ties and electrical tape in there I forgot to mention them :) wire could be a good idea though.

John what are suture strips? Good idea on the other two!

Hose clamps are good :)

I had some zip ties and electrical tape in there I forgot to mention them :) wire could be a good idea though.

John what are suture strips? Good idea on the other two!

Hose clamps are good :)
suture strips for when ya get a nasty cut, helps to close the wound and keep it from bleeding. Obviously if its bad enough, they wont help.

whiskey, condoms, and a ball gag...
MAYBE a spare handkerchief (gotta be practical after all)

I definitely don't want to get stranded with Josh!!! :)

MRE's are a good idea, but the shafts and shovel and stuff can't really fit in the Tupperwares under the seat :p

I "think" you can. I used to roll out with the rear seat folded down, gives a little extra for the axle shafts to sit on top everything, but it's been a while, you know with the baby seat, and soon to be two:)

MREs or a few cans of ravioli. A single can will last you for days and go a long time before they go bad. Just make sure you have an opener.

Back