• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BBQ Planning

Save the Date

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Scratch & Dent BBQ

Megawatt said:
I've been holding out about committing to this because I wasn't sure I'd have the Jeep done in time. It doesn't look like I'm going to make it. But here's a teaser of what I'm trying to finish:

Sorry guys. Just not enough time.

I have been trying to get mine done as well (I am no where near as close as you are) and it looks like I will likely have it tacked together and partially painted for the BBQ. It won't be anywhere close to being done, but it should at least look like it is part of the Jeep;)

You should still make it with or without the Jeep!!!!

Ryan, we look forward to seeing you AND the family no matter when you can make it!!

Michael

Re: Scratch & Dent BBQ

Hey i just wanted to say i am really lookin forward to this! Meetin some new people and havin a good time! I dont think my BBQ is gonna fit my jeep tho. I still think my dad wants to go, well probably be there before 12 and im willing to help out!

My line on a RTI ramp just fell through. Long story but they are being told they are responsible for a truck that rolled while useing it by the insurance company when they let someone else borrow the ramp this last weekend.

Is there any chance that anyone know's of any around that we might be able to borrow?

I am still trying to see if we can get one for the weekend!!
Any lines, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
Michael

2xtreme said:
My line on a RTI ramp just fell through. Long story but they are being told they are responsible for a truck that rolled while useing it by the insurance company when they let someone else borrow the ramp this last weekend.

Is there any chance that anyone know's of any around that we might be able to borrow?

I am still trying to see if we can get one for the weekend!!
Any lines, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
Michael
Avanteone suggested to me that you migt want to swing by the Lynnwood 4WP and see if we could borrow theirs.

-----Matt-----

All worked out. I will pick up the ramp from the Seattle 4 Wheel Parts location. They were very cool about us borrowing it!!

Michael

Okay, so here's how the weather is looking for the BBQ.....

Saturday doesn't look half bad. Looks like rain we're seeing now should end by sunrise tomorrow morning giving way to cloudy skies but dryer weather until the rain moves back in by midnight. Since we won't see much sun, expect things to be pretty wet out there, so blankets/lawn chairs will be a must, sunglasses may be optional:bawl: .

FYI, Sunday looks like a washout with the greater Seattle area getting over an inch of rain over the course of the day. Maybe a good chance to go see Transformers?

Where the hell did the summer go? :confused:

- Jay

pSYChedXJ said:

Saturday doesn't look half bad. Looks like rain we're seeing now should end by sunrise tomorrow morning giving way to cloudy skies but dryer weather until the rain moves back in by midnight. Since we won't see much sun, expect things to be pretty wet out there, so blankets/lawn chairs will be a must, sunglasses may be optional:bawl: .

FYI, Sunday looks like a washout with the greater Seattle area getting over an inch of rain over the course of the day. Maybe a good chance to go see Transformers?

Where the hell did the summer go? :confused:

- Jay
I don't believe a word you're saying. :bs:

I hope you guys have a great time. I'll be racing Howard to the better weather.

John90XJ said:
I don't believe a word you're saying. :bs:

I hope you guys have a great time.:wave1:
I'll be racing :laugh2: Howard to the better weather.
:thumbup: :thumbup: sounds good to me: what better place to be,mountains ,trails,rocks , mud/dust .no city traffic OH Yeah

hards91xj said:
:thumbup: :thumbup: sounds good to me: what better place to be,mountains ,trails,rocks , mud/dust .no city traffic OH Yeah

I'm jealous

pSYChedXJ said:

Saturday doesn't look half bad. Looks like rain we're seeing now should end by sunrise tomorrow

thats not what I here....says yucky all they way through tuesday

Well I could care less what the weather is!!

My Jeep is clean, the cage is partially complete and on the Jeep, the Jeep is loaded on the trailer, the ramp is going on after dinner and I have WAY too much time and money in this BBQ to not enjoy it ;)

The comoradity (Matt, I don't have a clue how to spell it and can't find it is any spell checker on my computer:confused:) is what this is all about!!
I hope to see a whole bunch of XJ's and great people!!

Michael

2xtreme said:
The comoradity (Matt, I don't have a clue how to spell it and can't find it is any spell checker on my computer:confused:) is what this is all about!!
I hope to see a whole bunch of XJ's and great people!!

Michael
I agree totally about the camaraderie. :D

Just got finished washing my Jeep, and all I have to do is a little touch up tomorrow and I'll be golden. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ber able to participate in the RTI event. That is unless someone can bring a u-joint for my D/S where it meets the axle....

SNAP!

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ber able to participate in the RTI event. That is unless someone can bring a u-joint for my D/S where it meets the axle....

SNAP!

-----Matt-----

Bungie cord it up!! I'll bring spares. :rof: I think I keep them next to the bailing wire and exhaust putty.... :repair:

IXNAYXJ said:
I agree totally about the camaraderie. :D

Just got finished washing my Jeep, and all I have to do is a little touch up tomorrow and I'll be golden. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ber able to participate in the RTI event. That is unless someone can bring a u-joint for my D/S where it meets the axle....

SNAP!

-----Matt-----

I thought we (you, me, Adam) agreed to show up covered in mud? I never washed my rig after our trip to Evans, and will be showing up sans rear fender flare which your tree-stump-o-doom tore halfway off.

Did you actually wash off all that Moab dirt :scared: ?

- Jay

Back