• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BBD rebuild, YEEEE HAAAA

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Started the rebuild this morning, removed it, broke it down, let it soak for a few hours in the gallon parts cleaner jug, hosed it off and let it dry in the sun.
Reassembly was fairly easy and straight forward. Made two mistakes, put the fuel cutoff in backwards and the floats in upside down. Took a while but I finally figured it out when a retainer clip would not fit. At any rate, got it all back together, linkages, fuel and vac lines connected. Moment of truth, darn thing fired up faster than my XJ from a dry carb, motor turned over maybe 3x and STARTED. Son is out road testing it now.
Sill need to adjust the electric choke and something that was not working before, the stepper motor, now works.
I think I put the lever on the wrong side of the choke spring, it does not close the choke. Will remedy that tomorrow when its cold.
No extra parts left that belong either, just extras for other variants they include in the rebuild kit.... :D :D

Back