• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bas. Pak with a little Twist on it

Ballard88xx

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, Well im Scott And i have a 2000 Xj...

I have a 2000 Xj. Been Searching the Fourms here for a while and have not found quite the anwser i have been looking for. So i hope i dont make my self look like a Total Ass Hat. Looking for about 4.5" to 5" of lift. If i Run a Bastard Pak in the Rear and 1.5" Shackles should be looking at 4 - 5" right? Runing all S-10 leafs but the main one the Xj. Like Most people. But ok heres the Question. If i ran a Bastard pack the Draw back is Flexin is kinda limited so if i make a new Shackle Mount and move the shackle mount Forward so the Shackle is sittin at the Ideal 45 deg. mark loaded and level. will it give me better Flex? Like TrailReadyXJ did with the F-150 Springs. But use the Bastard pack and stay about 4-5" lift and i whant good Flex. Will that be the best bet?
and of course i would Shim the pinnion

Good idea?

Ya i think i can Handle it. im pretty good at Fab. Work. Just new in to the Jeep world more less. So just put a Set of 4.5" lift Springs in the Front and maybe 1" spacers. Wrangler Front Brake lines, and Shock Conversion with Longer Shocks. Custom Sway Bar links and Tube Trac. Links, Should be good to go?

I just used S-10 springs (mains too) with JKS boomerang shackles. The angle is perfect now due to the longer springs. I have a c-rok rear bumper so I didn't have to do anything other than re-drill the center hole on the leaves and bolt it all up. If you're running a bumper that gets in the way you'd have to notch it.

You should be able to get a "build your own leaf pack" to flex plenty without messing with the shackles, unless you just want to mess with the shackles.

Back