• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joints-

99xj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I cannot for the life of me keep ball joints in my D-30 that is spinning 35s. Ive replaced 4 in the last year. I fully understand this is one of the weak spots in a d-30, but come on. I buy the better ones that Crown sells ($80). Ive personally installed them and had my buddy who is ASE and has 40+ years of jeep/automotive experience install them, so that leaves any install errors out. I grease the hell out of them all the time. My last ball joint lasted a whole month (I did get it warranted from Crown)! The lower joint was so bad when I replaced it the ball bearing fell out and the joint was in 2 pieces.
Am I just overly had on them, or what? What brands you recommend running as a replacement? Are there any really heavy duty ball joints on the market?

Welcome to Dana 30 with big tires ville.

I replace my ball joints every 6 months. I beat the ever living piss out of my jeep. I have Vatozone lifetime warranty ones, and I can usually swap both sides out in about an hour.

Anywho, if your caster angles are off, it could lead to premature failure.

1st. umm if you keep haveing issues with them and you have always had the castor at the same angle..then you might wanna change something!!
or upgrade to a Dana44

2nd. maybe they axle is worn out from them blowing out so much and it just wont hold them anymore..

3rd..get rid of that dana30 your running larger then 33's...not saying it wont handle it for most people...JUST NOT YOU!!!!!
Get a DANA 44!!!!Hasta

Back