• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball joint delete

That link sure doesn't provide much information.

Poking around on their site I gather they are using a spherical bearing (like a rod end or Johnny Joint) in place of the ball joint. Their rebuild kits suggest a 2 year lifespan, depending on usage. But they don't say what kind of usage is going to lead to a 2 year lifespan. It is one thing if that is 2 years of highway use, another thing entirely if it is 2 years of KOH type use. If the former that is no upgrade. If the latter that would be awesome.

The only objective advantage I can see is the ability to change these inserts without needing a ball joint press, but that comes at the expense of not being able to source replacements at your local Napa/O'Reilly's/Vatozone.

Not a choice I am inclined to make, but for someone who doesn't mind the cost and is willing to invest in spares up front there may be a benefit in the ability to make a quick repair and get back in operation in less time than would be required for ball joints.

It's a tapered roller bearing I think anak... so it's more along the lines of a trunion bearing (spelling?) Those are super strong and offer a greater surface area to distribute load (side load), but I would be concerned about service life. Obviously idk, but I'm betting the super duty guys have enough service life to weigh in... in a clean (not dusty) area I bet they could last years with proper lube and cleaning...

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

I wonderd about these when my ball joints kept falling out of the axle Cs these might fix that problem ?
I ended up lightly welding spicer balljoints in so that I can replace them semi easily. So far that has worked well.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Those look very interesting! Price is steep, but $135 for a rebuild kit isn't too terrible if they provide decent life.

I am also running welded in ball joints.

It's a tapered roller bearing I think anak... so it's more along the lines of a trunion bearing (spelling?) Those are super strong and offer a greater surface area to distribute load (side load), but I would be concerned about service life.

It is appalling how little information is on the main link, but clicking through their webpage yields links to reviews. It is indeed a spherical bearing/heim style joint. It is not a tapered roller bearing.

Back