• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bald Mountain Trials

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking about running some of the trails on Bald Mountain this coming winter. Can you please give me some names of a few good trails to run up there in the snow? How long will it take to get to these trails from LA? I am guessing an hour or so but i am not sure. Any advice on this would be great. Thanks,

Bald Mountain in the Shaver Lake area outside of Fresno?

I'm unfamiliar with a Bald Mt. an hour outside of LA.

There is another Bald Mountain north east of Lake Isabella off Sherman Pass, probably every county's got one, but it's no hour from LA.
When I think of Jeeping Bald Mountain it's the Shaver Lake/ Dinkey Creek one.
If your there before the snow, do Swamp Lake trail and the Red Mountain lakes like Coyote, Mirror, Red, West, and Strawberry.
If there's snow, only Bald will be open.

Sorry guys. I meant to say Mount Baldy. It is near Pomona CA about one hour or so from Los Angeles. Looking for some good trails to run in the winter. Let me know thanks.

You could hit up Lytle Creek

Click on the picture for an album from January

Oh damn, I didn't realize it was right next to Scotland. That's kind of a commute! =(

hehe, guess I should use that map feature in the future. =)

Back