• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BADLANDS UMC July 23rd

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Badlands Ultimate Motorsports Challenge July 23rd.

Motorcross racing
WE ROCK
TREC racing

All day fun. Last year a decent chunk of the park was still open on Saturday.

Also Friday night there is a party in downtown Attica. There will be Race rigs, trail rigs, and rock buggys on display. There will also be a concert and four blocks of town will be closed.

We'll be bringing a crew of folks down on Thursday night and staying all weekend at the campground at the Badlands.

mac 'should be epic' gyvr

I should be there. I'll be working a checkpoint for the TREC race.

Hey Flex, how'd you get that gig?

I wouldn't mind helping out since I plan on being there.

A lot of guys from my local club work the event. I just show up and ask if they need help. Just ask the guys at the white trailer if they need volunteers and they'll usually say yeah. Not sure if I'll be there or not. The Ragin' Cajun in the Xterra isn't racing since his timing chain is making a lot of noise and Brad is preparing to move.

I'll still be there Thursday.

Friday is shaping up to be a fun day.

Saturday is WE ROCK and TREC

mac 'i can't wait' gyvr

Sounds good Aaron.

Hey Mac, you racing the "xjpopcanbuggy" in one last rodeo that weekend? That why your so pumped?

I'm pumped because its been over a month since I've been wheelin...

I'm not racing, I'm pit boss for Rosco...

We are taking some other rigs to actually, hopefully, do some wheelin on Friday and in between WE ROCK on saturday.

mac 'wheelin the baby jeep...it has a/c' gyvr

Okay, well that makes sense.

On a small side-note, what's up with the buggy? Last I remember, WF11 might have been its last horrah. You said the motor was knocking real bad, correct? Engine rebuild?

I wheeled it the last two trec race weekends. Somehow the motor is still holding together... I keep thinking its gonna blow and then its time for another motor? a real buggy chassis? I'm not sure...but for now I'm gonna wheel it till she blows or I decide something else to do.

mac 'its parked til it cools off outside a bit' gyvr

I was planing on making this but i just realized its the same July 23rd that i will be in Arkansas

four blocks of town will be closed.

They're closing all of Attica!??

I would love to make it, but as Flexd already said, we at least need to change the timing chain in the Xterra I think. Plus I am selling a house on the 22nd and buying one on the 25th, so moving should probably take priority.

And I just realized I might be out of town for the August 13th race too. Damn! Busiest year of my life I swear...

Back