• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad News, CAL 200, OMG

Your comment is epic fail!

Yeah, it was. Apologies to all. I feel very bad for all involved in this incident, the families of those who lost someone, the injured still recovering and needing assistance and the driver and co-pilot who were involved and might never get over this.

Godspeed to all of them. I hope to see them recover in the best possible way.

Back on topic.

I emailed a nice letter to the BLM yesterday just explaining how family oriented off road racing is and made some suggestions and asked that they just consider more options than just stopping all events on BLM property.

I witnessed the entire thing as i was no more than 20ft away, just on the opposite side of the track. was the most intense thing i have ever seen. even crazier as i crossed the track to help. RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I witnessed the entire thing as i was no more than 20ft away, just on the opposite side of the track. was the most intense thing i have ever seen. even crazier as i crossed the track to help. RIP.

I'd really hate to have been there but I would have been in the same situation, I'd have helped.

This goes out to you and anybody else that witnessed this event.

Don't let any mouthbreathing moron tell you different, if you're having any PTSD issues from this seek help, it's no sign of weakness, the weakness is trying to "tough it out." I'm sure there a lot of the people who were there are showing signs of PTSD from this, this is not the kind of thing a regular person (somebody who isn't used to trauma) is ready for right of the bat, there is nothing wrong with that.

I just wanted to say that, I've been thinking about it for awhile and it hasn't been said yet here.

we have a pool at work there is like 6 of us. We play day there is a drawling. Haven't won more then a few bucks, just goes towards more tickets.

Ditto on the pool, and winnings going into more tickets. Except it's a pool of about 50 people and it's split among how much you put in. I put in $2, we got a couple hundred tickets, some people put in 10, so I it would get me a like half a mil (before taxes).

I'll definitely donate a bunch when I win :D.

Hey guys, Fast Aid has collected over 100K for the families...... keep in mind if you can donate again (maybe next paydate, or something like that) would be great.

Also, the next race for the MORE series is Sept 11th and has been approved by the BLM, I am sure they will be looking for volunteers to help, and the stronger we show, the better off we are!!

Hey guys, Fast Aid has collected over 100K for the families...... keep in mind if you can donate again (maybe next paydate, or something like that) would be great.

Also, the next race for the MORE series is Sept 11th and has been approved by the BLM, I am sure they will be looking for volunteers to help, and the stronger we show, the better off we are!!

Right on! :)

The federal Bureau of Land Management on Thursday suspended all off-road racing events organized by Mojave Desert Racing Productions, the promoter in charge of the race where eight spectators were killed last weekend.

A spokesman for the federal agency said the suspension will remain in place while federal officials investigate the tragedy at the California 200 off-road race in San Bernardino County's Lucerne Valley.

"The BLM is continuing to cooperate with state and local law enforcement agencies in the ongoing investigation into Saturday night's tragic [off-highway vehicle] accident at Johnson Valley Open Area,'' Stephen Razo, spokesman for the BLM's California's desert district office, said in a statement. "BLM has suspended any future permitted events of MDR Productions while the investigation is underway."

Blah, blah, blah....

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-mojave-races-m,0,3115651.story

I'd really hate to have been there but I would have been in the same situation, I'd have helped.

This goes out to you and anybody else that witnessed this event.

Don't let any mouthbreathing moron tell you different, if you're having any PTSD issues from this seek help, it's no sign of weakness, the weakness is trying to "tough it out." I'm sure there a lot of the people who were there are showing signs of PTSD from this, this is not the kind of thing a regular person (somebody who isn't used to trauma) is ready for right of the bat, there is nothing wrong with that.

I just wanted to say that, I've been thinking about it for awhile and it hasn't been said yet here.

yup. good on ya.

From a reputable source -

"There is going to be a public service announcement tonight on Access Hollywood regarding the recent desert accident. I suggest you watch/tivo it. Off Roading is about to hit the mainstream…in a good light. Fast-aid.org is stepping up big time!"

Back