• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad Hub or..?

:wave: Back at ya Tom.

Yes, once i removed the hub assembly i held it in my hand. Holding the mounting flange i rotated the outer half and could feel the drag in the bearings. Once replaced i no longer felt the symptoms i had prior.

You just added this:

Beside the new vibration, the best way I can describe the other symptom is it feels like something is holding back my Jeep, like a slight power loss, along with a faint metal meshing or grinding, which is hardly detectable. As the owner I notice it. A friend of mine also noticed it, but he's really atuned to those sort of things. Also, when I coast down hills my Jeep actually loses speed (auto trans) on all but the very steep ones.

This just brought back a recent memory (i'm getting older)...after my rig sat for about 6 months i jumped in it to take my son fishing this past April. A few miles down the road i felt a drag, grinding noise and a slight pull to the right. I had a sticking caliper. Replaced them both while installing a new front suspension.

Maybe remove a caliper and see if you have any resistance reinserting the caliper piston? Auto Zone had reman calipers for $22 each. Just a thought...

Back