• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad Fuel Pump Cause Poor MPG?

Closed loop engages after passing a target engine coolant temperature. You'll be able to see it in your log.

One comment for logging - OBDII data acquisition rates are extremely slow, its a set acquisition rate, and it logs serially, i.e., it cycles serially through each selected item to log. Each item added to the logging list increases the cycle time through all the items, so only log what's needed. To see exactly what coolant temperature where closed loop kicks in, its only necessary to log STFT and coolant temp.

Closed loop engages after passing a target engine coolant temperature. You'll be able to see it in your log.

One comment for logging - OBDII data acquisition rates are extremely slow, its a set acquisition rate, and it logs serially, i.e., it cycles serially through each selected item to log. Each item added to the logging list increases the cycle time through all the items, so only log what's needed. To see exactly what coolant temperature where closed loop kicks in, its only necessary to log STFT and coolant temp.

So closed loop happens after It reaches a certain coolant temp? So what’s your interpretation of the data graphs I posted? Do you think it’s just lagging because I have too many pins activated at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your images don't show the length of time for the logging events, so its hard to make any comments except that I wouldn't expect closed loop to engage at 48F. A lot of people think that the XJ doesn't engage closed loop until reaching nearly full coolant temp, but my guess is that it engages before 100F. I could easily find out right now, but with family at the moment.

Back