• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back from Moab- Random thoughts & Some cool pics

TORX said:
Thanks for sharing, great pics. Im shooting for sometime in 08-09 to make it down there. From what everyone says, its one of those places you have to visit at least once in your life.

What tire size / lift height are you running?

TORX

You won't regret going.

I am running DPG 5" trailgunner springs front and rear. I also have ACOS and 1.5" shackles, so I'm right at about 6" total give or take. The tires are 32 x 11.50-15.

2xtreme said:
Brad,
Very nice pictures!! Thanks for sharing.

I can imagine it would be frustrating not always haveing the ARB working when you want it!!

I usually wheel with 1,2, or 3 of my kids and I can remember many LONG rides home from a wheeling trip (and some were no more than a normal 1 hour drive!!) Now that I have a trailer it is far more relaxing for me on the trail. I no longer have to worry about getting the Jeep all the way home, just down to the bottom of the trail! It's not for everyone, and I wouldn't have one if I didn't wheel with my kids, but for me, it is a VERY nice change.

Michael

Michael,

A tow rig and trailer have been added to the top of my "to get" list. Along with new axles, gears, lockers, tires, cage, 4 to 1, etc.......Maybe I should forget the kitchen remodel and buy it all. Of course, I would have to figure in a camper too, since I would no longer be allowed in my house. lol.

Brad

Some more random pictures

Hell's Revenge
IMG_1220-1.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

Poison Spider Mesa
IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

From Steel Bender looking toward the La Sals
IMG_1302.jpg

bknudtsen said:

This is what I look forward to....not knowing what might be right over the hill. A beautiful vista, a nasty descent, you never know.

Counting the days to 5/5/07.

looks like a great trip! those poisen spyder rigs are BAD ASS!! awesome pic's of awesome scenery! can't say much more than that.

i would however like to throw it out now, the possibility of a NWC event down there next year? maybe if we plan now (or soon) more people would make it? i know the interest is deffinately there.

Back