• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BA 10/5 pops out of reverse, what is the problem

dandecicco said:
Besides the problem of it being a BA 10/5, what internally would causes it to pop out of reverse at random times? (it pops out of gear unless I hold down the shifter sometimes)

Then French design the BA and they don't like us.

dandecicco said:
Gee thanks. Now I must go eat some freedom fries while I wait for a serious reply.

IF it is hopping out of gear, its time for a rebuild, it is worn out the syncros are shot and or gears are shot. basically it was a stupid question that deserved a stupid answer

better yet throw it away for an ax5.

xjnation said:
IF it is hopping out of gear, its time for a rebuild, it is worn out the syncros are shot and or gears are shot. basically it was a stupid question that deserved a stupid answer

I was just checking b/c I was thinking rebuild myself. Not that stupid of a question. Sometimes simple adjustments can be the answer and sometimes not.

Last edited:
dandecicco said:
I was just checking b/c I was thinking rebuild myself. Not that stupid of a question. Sometimes simple adjustments can be the answer and sometimes not.

a BA is a WASTE of time and MONEY. Like XJnation said...swap it out for an AX15.

dandecicco said:

Dont waste the money to rebuild teh french POS !!!!, search and replace it with a better trans, cheaper and ten times as strong...use the lil search function for ax5 or ax15 for swap out info, you will be miles ahead

xjnation said:

AX-15.

The BA 10/5 was used behind the 4.0L. The AX-5 was used behind the 2.5L.

Back