• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AZ guys - Sycamore to Bartlett lake trail

d10shun

NAXJA Forum User
I have heard of a way to go from Sycamore creek to Bartlett lake. Does any one have directions or advice? My buddy that I'll be going with has a stock 91 cherokee 4x4.

Where's it at Daryl?

It's somwhere off of the b-line highway last time I heard it got pretty hairy. I wouldnt take that stock cherokee on the trail.

Going north on the Beeline, approximately 8 miles past the 4 Peaks turn off, you will come to Sycamore Creek bridge. Cross over the hiway and start going in. If you go through a gate you are on your way. About a mile in is the most difficult part, but I got a Cherokee past it with some good spotting. IMHO it is not that great of a run, because when you get to Bartlett you can't cross the Verde River, so you have to turn around and go back.

Why can't you cross the Verde? Too deep, or not allowed?

You guys ever go to Sheep's Crossing? I've heard it is a decent area, but have also heard it is where the druggies hang out.

Fergie

Fergie said:
Why can't you cross the Verde? Too deep, or not allowed?

You guys ever go to Sheep's Crossing? I've heard it is a decent area, but have also heard it is where the druggies hang out.

Fergie

2 reasons:

To get to the river, you have to go though a preserve for eagles that is closed during breeding season (not sure what months)

and it is wide, 3' deep, soft, and you can't see the bottom, there are chasms.

Where is Sheep's Crossing?

It is north east of Phoenix. You can get to it from the south by Horseshoe Lake or from the north by exiting at Bloody Basin.

Fergie

Back