• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle type?

just pull the axle shaft, still involved, but alot less than opening up the case and draining hte fluids.

remove caliper, unbolt shaft from knuckle, pull shaft carefully

count splines, then do the reverse lol

rocklandxjer said:
just pull the axle shaft, still involved, but alot less than opening up the case and draining hte fluids.

remove caliper, unbolt shaft from knuckle, pull shaft carefully

count splines, then do the reverse lol
No caliper; no knuckle. It's a rear axle; and yes, you'll have to manually count the splines. Even if you could find a date that the switch was supposed to happen on, Jeep is/was notorious for slapping on whatever part happens to be around.

rocklandxjer said:
no, i know all of that lol ive pulled my rear axles a couple times before, i dont know why i just heard axle and i thought of my d30, its just been on my mind i guess
you drained the diff, removed the carrier pin, pulled the c-clips, and pulled the shafts ,and u did this a couple times for shits and giggles? obviously it wasnt to count splines cause you have a 94' and its 27 no matter what, :twak:

so did you get new bearings pressed on teh new carrier? maybe u broke a c-clip because the gears weren't re set up right

it could have been, like i said i had help, one of my friends is a mechanic and they helped with everything, kinda showin me how, thats how i figured out how to change the c-clip. im pretty sure the gears were set up right, yea new bearings and everthing, he has a shop with a press.

it could have been the spiders that were set up wrong, that wouldnt surprise me, but apparently they are fine now, because the c clip has held up fine for a while now, knock on wood

Last edited:
Back