• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle decisions

I built a 9" with 14B FF outers. Had some 35 spline custom shafts made by dutchman. Excellent clearance, awesome strength and a FF.

SeanP

SeanP said:
I built a 9" with 14B FF outers. Had some 35 spline custom shafts made by dutchman. Excellent clearance, awesome strength and a FF.

SeanP

But you didn't get the 10.5" ring gear & the drop in Detroit and stock spares from PAP? :)

BTW, not to hyjack the thread but how are the Dutchmans? I ordered a full set of front for my 44.

vintagespeed said:
But you didn't get the 10.5" ring gear & the drop in Detroit and stock spares from PAP? :)

BTW, not to hyjack the thread but how are the Dutchmans? I ordered a full set of front for my 44.
Have fun dragging that pig all over the place.

Dutchman builds good axles and stands behind them. 35 spline=lifetime warranty.

SeanP

SeanP said:
Have fun dragging that pig all over the place.

Dutchman builds good axles and stands behind them. 35 spline=lifetime warranty.

SeanP

I shaved it as much as I could and with 38s I have a little over 11.5" under the diff. That's not bad considering my front D44 has 13". I drag everything else on the rocks anyway.

Thanks for the info on the shafts.

Fullsizexj said:
I have a Dana 60 with 30 spline axles in the rear, trying to decide if I want to get a 70 or nab a 14bolt and cut the tube ends off it and graft them to the 60 and use the 35 spline shafts. The housing spindles on my 60 do not appear to have enough meat on them to bore out for 35 spline shafts, any opinons from personal experience

Woooohooo :party: realy going big this time, not bad.

Joe

Back