• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle brackets

kewlkatdady said:
you didn't use the TnT kit did you?

Nope, used ballistic fab brackets... They've got some good stuff, and super cheap, I'd check them out. You can get all your brackets for under $100, $75 if you are creative.

ktm racer 419 said:
how are you planning on keeping the coil springs from falling out?

those brackets are deigned for a flat bottom spring unlike our xj coils.

gonna build up a cup in the middle?
Right now I'm not sure. I'm thinking of making clips like stock, but using two instead of one to hold it down better and the coil will rotate into place and to take it out you just rotate it out of the clips. As for the control arms, the lowers mount below the coil bucket. The bracket from Ballistic Fab is a coil bucket/lower control arm mount. Get two birds with one stone. As for the upper, it mounts to the top of the truss.

XJ_Jeeper01 said:
As for the control arms, the lowers mount below the coil bucket. The bracket from Ballistic Fab is a coil bucket/lower control arm mount. Get two birds with one stone. As for the upper, it mounts to the top of the truss.

ok i see it now

I got a 44/20 sitting on the side of my house. Just need to get the money for the brackets then find someone to weld them for beer LOL

Andrew

Just make your own bridge and use shock tabs or scrap steel to make the upper driver mount. That's what I did.

xrayjeeper83 said:
XJ jeeper did you get the upper mount (driver side) from Ballistics? I have been looking and all I can find is a passenger side.

Andrew
I don't have a passenger upper control arm. I'm running the Rock Krawler 3-Link system.

XJ_Jeeper01 said:
The bracket from Ballistic Fab is a coil bucket/lower control arm mount. Get two birds with one stone.

How about this one, three birds with one stone. Coil mount, lower link, shock mount.
http://ballisticfabrication.3dcarts...-coil-spring-shock-mount-combo_p_24-1461.html
linkshockcoilcombo1.jpg
linkshockcoilcombo3.JPG

Last edited:
Where the hell have all these new ones come from!?!? I wish these were around when I was building mine 3 months ago!!

I might cut the ones I have on there now off and put these on.

XJ_Jeeper01 said:
That's how I mounted my shocks, right behind the coil buckets.
P1010001.jpg

-Matt
It looks like the new brackets mount the shocks the same way as stock, perpendicular to the axle instead of parallel. This way the shock doesn't bind when the axle flexes.

I am in the process right now.. Ilooked at both tnt and RE and Ilike the Re kit much better ..I ended up buying parts seperately

only problem with this bracket IMO is that now youi change the oreintation of the spring on the axle.OEM D30 places the coils foward of the tube

thes place the coil almost directly above the axle tube

P1010009-1.jpg

tnt will sell thier coil spring buckets seperately (seen in PIC)for about 70 bucs, which places the coils in the OEM position

and it is tapped for a bolt for bump stop placement which IMO is really nice
D44truss.jpg

I did pic up these lower bracket with a 5 deg offset

axletubezero3.jpg

I did endup buying RE over the diff truss through PORC for about $70

only thing was that they didnt include
the bushing part that welds to the top of truss or the plate which connects the trusss to the diff holes
w1-023-fD44.jpg

or axle bushing bracket seen here on top of the truss..
w1-050-fD44.jpg

both full kits have thier pros and cons I guess but I just dont like the look of that huge truss for the TNT kit

so all inall
RE truss $95
ballistic link mount $40
coil buckets tnt $65

Last edited:
ktm racer 419 said:
he said expect a low pinion waggy truss by mid january, so if this is correct just hold tight for a lil' bit.

Has anyone else heard anymore about TNTs truss for a waggy???

FIREBLADE said:
How about this one, three birds with one stone. Coil mount, lower link, shock mount.
http://ballisticfabrication.3dcarts...-coil-spring-shock-mount-combo_p_24-1461.html
linkshockcoilcombo1.jpg
linkshockcoilcombo3.JPG

Also has anyone tried using this one? Would the shock mount work with a stock suspension?

Then I was also wondering what do you do for the tack bar mount?

Last edited:
Back