• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle argument....

AMC 20

mjma said:
I just ordered a diff guard for my 8.25 from rusty's for 50 bux!! It's taken plenty of hits so far with no problems, but insurance is always good. I would never waste money on an expensive cover to make it look better. You can just pull the cover off and paint it if you need it to be shiny. Those expensive cool looking aluminum covers would probably not like being dragged across rocks.

It is try the pre-97 8.25s have 27 spline shafts but they are still much better than a D35. the tubes are 3" and don't flex like a d35.

Yeah I might have got it for looks, but also because it holds a half quart more oil and the drain plug comes in handy. Oh well to each his own.

mjma said:
I just ordered a diff guard for my 8.25 from rusty's for 50 bux!! It's taken plenty of hits so far with no problems, but insurance is always good. I would never waste money on an expensive cover to make it look better.

It's not a waste, it's an investment. I would take this cover over a rusty's diff skid any day
Diffcover.jpg

I actually carved a rock with that cover, it held more oil, and it replaced the rubber plug with a screw in type. Very much worth the money I payed for it.

xjj33p3r said:
It's not a waste, it's an investment. I would take this cover over a rusty's diff skid any day
Diffcover.jpg

I actually carved a rock with that cover, it held more oil, and it replaced the rubber plug with a screw in type. Very much worth the money I payed for it.

Thats a good looking cover

33, that's a real good looking cover, and not what I was referring to. I plan to attempt to make something similar to that for my D30 with an extra cover I have. Got any suggestions as to how one might go about making one like that? I've been taught to weld but don't do it that often.

This is what I was referring to, the thing that I would not waste money on
trd-4014_w.jpg

Back