• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AwesomeXJ late model build

I had Jason's old front cut down to fit in the rear of my YJ. I asked Brian from drive line tech if it would hold up locked w/35's. his response was, No problem. The tube maybe small but makes up in wall thickness. Although the bottom joint would break before the shaft would twist.

Brian did mine too (good guy, great work).... I pulled mine out of a 94 V8 ZJ.... I totally rebuilt it front to back and had him shorten it to length..... It's been holding up thru plenty of abuse for years.

I have bolding 31x10.50 AT's currently. But will be getting 33x12.50 mt's after I get gears. Until then I'm hoping to get some better 31's.

Why?

Looks like I'm headed to SE Portland today @ 5pm to get a set of 31x10.50x15 Maxxis Bighorn tires with 2@50% & 2@60% tread. I can't afford to pass them up for $100

Sounds like a good deal.... and you SHOULD be able to get 50-80 for your old ones on CL.....

Well........ 2 of them are like 65-70% and 2 are more like 30% with one tire worn very uneven. Jew'd him to $75 for the 4. I'm gonna try to get 2 more off the back of a truck.. wink wink.

Put the 2 better ones in front and new ones in back.

But as it is the 2 lower tread ones have more tread than my current ones, and are mt's. I should get them mounted by weeks end

Well........ 2 of them are like 65-70% and 2 are more like 30% with one tire worn very uneven. Jew'd him to $75 for the 4. I'm gonna try to get 2 more off the back of a truck.. wink wink.

Put the 2 better ones in front and new ones in back.

But as it is the 2 lower tread ones have more tread than my current ones, and are mt's. I should get them mounted by weeks end

Good deal man, I'm happy to hear it's coming along!

Cant wait to to see the new (to you) shoes....
Should change the attitude of the Jeep quite a bit.

Wow...... its been a good while since i posted in here..... let me see. I've installed an sye and custom rear drive line from six states. I damaged the front drivers side corner on cedar tree with no plans to fix it cause meh.

I will be finally lifting it to its permanent height of 6.5in with a pieced together re longarm kit, zj pitman and 2in drop double sheer tracbar. Bilstein shocks and 35x12.50x15 KM2's on MB wheels. I'll try to get before, during and after shots but we'll see.

Back