• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Avondale, AZ

evilpresence

NAXJA Member #983
There's a chance I'll be moving to Avondale, AZ. I see I'll be 7hrs south of Moab... schweet. Checking out weather.com it's in the 70s right now. Not bad. Anything I should know?

evilpresence said:
There's a chance I'll be moving to Avondale, AZ. I see I'll be 7hrs south of Moab... schweet. Checking out weather.com it's in the 70s right now. Not bad. Anything I should know?

in the summer it gets to 120 in the shade. :party:

I'm not too worried about the heat. I worked 100+ hours a week (3 jobs) during the summer as a line-cook. A few times half the hood worked, only having one fan which inturn made it 125/130 on the line. An average day was around 110 though.

evilpresence said:
I'm not too worried about the heat. I worked 100+ hours a week (3 jobs) during the summer as a line-cook. A few times half the hood worked, only having one fan which inturn made it 125/130 on the line. An average day was around 110 though.

you weren't gonna get skin cancer from an stove / oven though.

SPF 4 billion !!

Just moved from Avondale! Wonderful place! In the Phoenix Metro area is one of the last nicer communities available. Go as far west as you can with a home. Land and home pricing will be cheaper and go up VERY FAST. You can ask me questions about avondale in PM or here.

Matt

I actually don't remember the last time it was 120 here...116.....yeah. I thik you'll be more than 7 hours away from Moab though.....its closer to 10 hours. Either way I'm sure you'll love it down here...don't listen to Fergie..he's just bitter because he can't live in Antartica! LOL -Hopefully we'll have our own NAXJA chapter soon...this way we can organize runs down here....well..good luck on the move!!!

Back