• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aux reverse light hookup help

92tahoexj

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i installed some cheapo fog lights in my rear bumper. the last set i had got ripped off the bumper so i cut some holes in the bumper and mounted them inside. it looks way better and now they are protected from getting smashed. i still have all the wiring from before. i have a toggle switch on the dash, but i wanted to hook them in with the reverse lights and have the switch also. is there any way i can wire them so that they work with the reverse lights and the dash switch?? i want them to turn on automatically with the reverse lights and be able to use the the switch to turn them on if i'm not in reverse.(for hooking up a trailer etc.) if that makes any sense. i know i need to use a relay to use them with the reverse lights. has anyone ver done this before?

thanks for any help,
chris

Use a relay, connect the positive side of the coil to the switch and to the reverse lights.

razdrvr said:
Use a relay, connect the positive side of the coil to the switch and to the reverse lights.

Not to high jack but I wanted info on this as well since I have driving lights in my rear bumper. Is there a certain type of relay. The lights I have are 55 watts, don't know amperage draw, here they are:

http://pilotautomotive.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=27157

Since I am not that good at wiring lights and such......could you explain exactly how to wire a relay, are there 3wires like a switch out of a relay?

TIA

Back