• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

auto or manual?

Kejtar said:
Yeah you do have a point there. When I bought my 98 I got it brand new at the dealership and even the dealer was surprised that they had it.

Oh, so you're the guy who got my Jeep ;)

I'm honestly not surprised they didn't know that they had it. When I decided that I was serious about getting the XJ, I sat down with a list of every Jeep dealer in the LA, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Diego, and Las Vegas areas and started calling. Over a period of a month, not one had a single manual-transmission post-1997 4.0 4WD vehicle cross their lot. Several even told me that there was no such thing as a 6-cylinder XJ with a 5-speed!

comment on the knee thing. I drove an 18 wheeler during college days that was 2 - 27 foot trailers with a 8V71N in front of a mack 15 spd. I learned to avoid the clutch when my knee started bothering me. A lot has to do with the position of the seat to the pedal. I don't often have a problem, but I own two XJ's with auto's.

My next may well be a manual.

Back