• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Austin Healey:VS:Metal Worm

Damn you, Rich, I can't stop singing "Fat guy in a little car" now. :roflmao:

Very nice work brother!!!

Thanks a lot guys! It was really gratifying to see, as most of you know replacing rust is a shitty job for most of us garage-rats.

Damn you, Rich, I can't stop singing "Fat guy in a little car" now. :roflmao:

Very nice work brother!!!

Thanks and I resemble that remark. Seriously, while the crowd was watching me cram myself in there with no lube I was thinking

"It's funny because he's fat"

the-hangover_ken-jeong_jacket-laughing.jpg

Good job Rich!

I remember reading this thread, but for whatever reason it never clicked it was you who posted it. So when are we building ourselves a cage? :thumbup:

Good job Rich!

I remember reading this thread, but for whatever reason it never clicked it was you who posted it. So when are we building ourselves a cage? :thumbup:

You buy the tube, I supply the bender, grinder/notcher and welder. Oh and we do your's first :dunno: A brainstorming session from the hybrid cage builders like Michael and Jeremy would be nice too.

Nice work man... that thing came a LONG way:yelclap:

The car has been completed and it's very nice. On its first outing it got 3rd place down in Portland. I had nothing to do with the paint and bodywork but it turned out exceptional. Enjoy!

Below you can see how well I fit :laugh:

IMG_0221.jpg

Rich

That right there is why I like to have the top off my TR. That is a SWEET AH. \,,/,

You buy the tube, I supply the bender, grinder/notcher and welder. Oh and we do your's first :dunno: A brainstorming session from the hybrid cage builders like Michael and Jeremy would be nice too.

I can dig it.

Have you done any tube bending? haha I hear sticks aren't cheap...and messing it up = $$$

I can dig it.

Have you done any tube bending? haha I hear sticks aren't cheap...and messing it up = $$$

Nope, my bender has not seen any tube but its air over hydro so I cant wait to try it. I've done a ton of sheet metal bending and semi-tubular stuff on aircraft which is far more expensive and difficult in my opinion. I'm not saying bending tube is easy but I'm not worried.

Last edited:
Nope, my bender has not seen any tube but its air over hydro so I cant wait to try it. I've done a ton of sheet metal bending and semi-tubular stuff on aircraft which is far more expensive and difficult in my opinion. I'm not saying bending tube is easy but I'm not worried.

PM inbound.

Thanks Jeremy.

Unequivocally the body consists of an aluminum cowl and steel fenders.:kissyou:

Did you pronounce that Al-oooh-in-e-um in proper British fashion? :viking:

Did you pronounce that Al-oooh-in-e-um in proper British fashion? :viking:

Of course :). The response is always "Aloo-what"?

Seriously, does this look like steel? All of the metal in this picture was sandblasted at the same shop on the same day.
DSC01565.jpg

Back