• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Audio nerds...

BALTANAKT

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I am running the original tape deck in my '91. Love how it looks, despite it's shortcomings...

Anyhow, I have this funny issue where in the passenger side speakers seem to be getting more power than the drivers side. I noticed it first when slowly turning up the volume from full off. The passenger side speakers would start making sound first, the drivers side would come in after turning the volume up a little more.

Any ideas why this could be? Anything I can do to fix it?

Have the speakers ever been replaced? If so, maybe the driver's side speaker is wired backwards?

Alternately, maybe the wires themselves are wearing out where they jump from door to body. (I'm assuming you don't open the front passenger door as often as you do the driver's door?)

Contact Jeremy at Jeremy's Radio Emporium on Facebook. He specializes in repair and modding original Jeep radios.

Like to an aux cord?

Add

Good ideas guys.

The problem persisted across two separate sets of speakers, so we can eliminate those.

Seems like the possibilities are:
- weak wire in door jam
- problem with head unit

The speaker wires are known to break where they pass through the door hinge area.
To fix, replace the damaged wire by splicing in a section of flexible, fine strand wire.

Back