• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auburn ECTED vs Detroit Locker for DD

3XJFamily

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like they can be had for about the same price. Rig is a 4.0 automatic that's going to be at 4.5" on 32's with a Dana 30 / Dana 44 and 4.56 gears.

I'm kind of "Old School" and was planning on a Detroit for the rear axle. With an automatic, it is steetable enough and off road, it's. . . well, a Detroit.

I've got a few friends working to convince me, the ECTED is what I should be running front and rear - What's the latest experiences with the Auburn Gear ECTED Locker?

Yeah, the ECTED piqued my interest as well. What prices did you find on them?

I like the fact that it's an LSD when not engaged...and you have all the fun of an ARB with an extra little button in the cockpit, without the need for the compressor. :)

first release of the Ected was unreliable, ( a few years ago) if the "bugs" are worked out, then should be a good setup for street and trail. if any doubts, then a Detroit would have the strength and better track record for sure.

How much is the Ected, do they make one for the 8.25 29 spline?

3XJFamily said:
4wheelerssupply.com has the ECTED at 589.95 and the Detroit at 578.84

I don't see them any where for the Chry 8.25
weak. Thanks

Begster said:
ECTED is an aggressive limited slip when engaged, not a full locker.

Thats the auburn pro series your talking about. The ected is a 100% locker! I just went through this ordering my locker for my 8.8 rear.

They dont make an e-locker for the 8.25 which is why im doing an axle swap in the rear to an ford 8.8!!

hot_rod_hooligans said:
If you want an electronic locker go with the Eaton E-Locker, Eaton makes the Detroit, so you know it's durable, it engages via electro-magnet.

I want a locker in the $500 - $600 Range, the E-Locker is more like $900.

As far as the Auburn ECTED, it seems like about 1/2 of the people who have installed them have ended up pulling them out. Sounds like a Detroit is going in. . .

3XJFamily said:
I want a locker in the $500 - $600 Range, the E-Locker is more like $900.

As far as the Auburn ECTED, it seems like about 1/2 of the people who have installed them have ended up pulling them out. Sounds like a Detroit is going in. . .

Ya, the rear is a better place for a auto-locker anyway, I put a Detroit in the front, makes driving in 4wd on the road difficult, but didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a locker for a D30. The D44's getting the good stuff.

TortureTested said:
The ected is a 100% locker!
ive seen a few ecteds on the trails and nither locked up fully, it IS only a agressive LSD when engaged thats it, when my axles get biult, both are gettin detroits

Completeoffroad is where I got my Detroit for $520...

OX....yeah yeah too much $$$

Right now they have Detroits for $486 at 4 Wheel Parts, they also give 10% Military discount. Would have been nice to have known about the military discount when I dropped $3k on my locker, lift, tires, and wheels :banghead:

Back