• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ATTN Utahns....Providence Canyon Run---Nov 1st

XJEEPER said:
With my signature.....I can draft you a convincing doctors note. 44? What 44?

I thought that you got one from some guy in Chicago or something. The guy was kind of a jerk in his "For Sale" posts. Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else...

Ok, so it looks like we need a head count!

XJEEPER - Yep
DeadEyeJ - Yep
TRNDRVR - Maybe
gcb17 - Yep
itzak - Yep

This run is gonna be a fun one, especially if it keeps snowing.......hope more can make it. I just talked to Jerry from Logan and he's gonna try and make it too......waiting on parts is no fun.
Please post if you're planning on running on Saturday, we don't want to leave anyone out. If you have friends that are non-XJer with trail worthy rigs......invite them along.
:D

so far today we have about 6", and it's still snowing. maybe a little more saturday, but it's possible that it might all melt by saturday for the ride. either way, i think it'll be a blast.

Okay, looks like I'll be going to work about 2-3am tomorrow morning. Should put me back into town 3-5am Saturday morning. If I go, you guys better bring enough coffee to keep me going. :D
Where is it were meeting at again?
Thanks,
Dan.

We are meeting at the Macey's parking lot at 9:00 AM for a 9:30 AM departure. Maceys is located right on Highway 89, the same highway that weaves thru Ogden, Brigham City, and up Sardine Canyon to Logan.
Macey's is right where 89 merges onto Main Street in Logan. It is on the right side of the road as you are heading into Logan from Brigham City. There is an Arctic Circle (?) in the same parking lot. Hwy 89 merges onto Main Street at an angle with a big stoplight. This is NOT the first light you come to after you leave Sardine Canyon. I believe it is the second.

I am perhaps the worst direction writer ever, so if anybody needs clarification, ask Jeff.

See you there Saturday mornin'! I'll be the tired guy with an outrageous mall cruiser roof-rack, bright yellow paint, and super noisy tires!

Jared

Not too bad on the directions Jared..........simply drive North on I-15 to the Brigham City exit, then head East to Logan via Sardine Canyon on Hwy 89. You will travel up Sardine, over the pass and down into Cache Valley, traveling towards Logan. Upon entering Logan, you will see a Macey's grocery store on the right, turn in there and look for Jeeps on the East side of the parking lot.
See link for map.

Plan is to stage at 9am with a 9:30am departure. We will leave Macey parking lot and head South on 165 for a block or two, then turn East at the Maverik station on 100 N and drive approx. 1/4 mile to Providence, snaking through town towards the canyon noted on the MapQuest map as Spring Creek, which flows from Providence Cyn.

Weather is forcast to be wintery so drive safely and dress for snow, be prepared to wheel in snow, and we'll have a great time!
We will run the trail in a loop with the summit of Mt Logan being our halfway destination.
Dan, if you can make it, we'll be happy to slap you around to keep you alert.........no rails on this trail to follow.:)

Map to Logan from I-15

Last edited:
Trail envy...

Be sure and tell us how it turns out, guys. Popeye and I will be thinking of you..kay, not sure what we'll be thinking, since all we will be doing is Herculining my pig, but still...

We're in. If anyone wants to caravan from Ogden, we could meet at the Peter Skene Ogden sign around 8ish.

mikal said:
We're in. If anyone wants to caravan from Ogden, we could meet at the Peter Skene Ogden sign around 8ish.

I'm there. Just so everybody else knows, the Peter Skene Ogden sign is located on HWY 89 about 200 yards south of Rocky Point, on the east side of the road, under a big ol' willow tree. Let's shoot for 8 AM sharpish, rather than 8ish.

It will be nice to have some other questionably legal rigs to travel with. That way, they might not notice my complete disregard for mudflaps and fenders...

Jared

DeadEyeJ said:
Does this mean that you've fixed the BIG hole in the floor pan?;)
Fixing that is on the list. Then again, the list gets longer every time I open something up to look at it. I should have it patched by the 18th, when we do the food run to the Utah Food Bank..otherwise..there's gonna be a trail of tuna cans and veggies from Dugway to Salt Lake, so I can find my way back... Stay warm on the trail it should be cool in more ways than one...Happy Halloweenie, too.

5-6"... still coming down. more tomorrow. i drove a couple miles up the canyon today. i didn't get anywhere near the quarry though. the road was clear, apparently tons of people have been on it in the past day or so. after tonite, i'm guessing the tracks should be covered up.

-grant

:speepin: :speepin: :speepin: :speepin:
Sorry guys that I missed it. Slept right through it.
When you roll into town and get to bed close to 7am, wheeling on 1 hour of sleep is not fun.
Let us know how it went.
Sorry and thanks,
Dan.

Back