• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Assembly between Ignition switch and Locking cylinder

SnowboardinXJ

NAXJA Forum User
98 XJ, 4.0, 4WD AT, 2dr Sport

My ignition switch failed and when I removed the ignition switch the "barrel" that turns the ignition switch was broken. The assembly it is a part of is integrated with the steering lock plate and is mounted under the steering column. The lock cylinder is on the right of the steering column. The ignition switch is on the left of the steering column. The broken piece is mounted under the steering column and connects the lock cylinder to the ignition switch and also engages the steering lock.

Looking for parts has been rough, the only thing close is an entire steering column(+1000$):rattle: I have been searching ebay and amazon with no luck.

What I need:
-What is this specific piece called?
-Does it have a part number?
-Where can I get it as an individual piece?(tried junkyards before but they are normally only willing to release large assemblies(i.e. the steering column)

What drawings I have aren't that specific so I could use the help.

I can start the jeep by turning the ignition switch with a screwdriver for now with the ignition switch dangling between my legs. Would like this situation to be temporary. You guys are the best.

I think you are describing the silver color Ignition Switch Actuator Pin. You can get one from an XJ, Neon, or PT Crusier. DORMAN sells a new replacement part.

Watch this -> http://youtu.be/W5m31g0-3wI

standard.jpg

You guys are awesome! I just got off a 36 hour shift and was about to fall into bed but thought I would check for a response. You have made my day. Tim your picture is exactly how mine was broken! Well now I am going to pass out and in the morning fix the jeep.

-Aloha

Back