• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Art's 87

time to get that front end under there... three link stuff showed up today... clayton arms, lifetime warranty against breaking or bending
18ede202.jpg

4e98152a.jpg

lol he's actually a basset hound, but he's only 9 months old...

the 4 link that clayton is putting out still requires a trackbar, so i'm happy with just having 3 links. there isnt enough triangulation because of motor clearance

Yeah once I saw the trackbar part it was kinda pointless, they claim its for the jeepspeed guys though. I still woulda went three link!

Havent updated this in a while, but i got a 14 bolt for it and i already installed it with a ruffstuff specialties 14 bolt swap kit. The dana 60 front is almost done (on the outside) and ready to bolt in and i will have a one ton roller. Tore the outers all apart and painted cleaned and painted everything, i got the housing up on my bench and got all the bracketry for the coils, links, and shocks welded on, new pads and rotors, and the dana 60 just got sprayed with its first coat of paint.

Still need to reassemble all of the outers and bolt in the axle... i already have the clayton 3 link crossmember and links installed on the frame side so all i need to do is bolt it in on the axle side.

pic of the axle before paint
aa73aff2.jpg

pretty weld one
d8672cb4.jpg

pretty weld two
d3a6c132.jpg

Well the ballistic axle side trackbar mount didnt work out so i had to modify its design. The problem was that the upper control arm mount for the 3 link was blocking the already offset ballistic mount. So I took the back plate for the bracket and flipped it around and turned it into the front most plate in the bracket. Then I used a space 1.625" spacer to get the right amount of seperation, and I used a 3/4 bolt to line up the wholes. Got the first piece welded in and then I cut out triangles to it to brace the design.

Mock up
f3586830.jpg

Cutting my triangles
acdfb98a.jpg

Tacking them in place
8148cf75.jpg

And finished product looked pretty nice
bc4ebe76.jpg

Got the 60 bolted in and i consider that a pretty good milestone, since it is officially a one ton jeep now! Now on to measure and build this track bar... no axle shafts in it now because i am going to 35 spline outers

715b931d.jpg

Time for a little update.

I installed the HD Offroad Engineering shackle relocation, and flipped the rear springs for a stretch. Installed 35 spline chromoly inner and outer axle shafts in the dana 60 front with 35 spline Rock N Roll Offroad drive flanges. I got the PSC high flow pump installed. I am waiting for a lower kingpin seal so I can get the knuckle back on and then it is time to build and install a panhard bar and the tie rod. I've already got the tubing and ruffstuff 3/4" hiems for that. Yesterday we pulled the t-case and installed an sye, we'll see how this little baby np231 holds up... i plan on breaking it, but hopefully it will last for a little while.

Gas tank relocation. This pic is from a while ago, before the roof was cut, before the shackle relocation installed, and even before the rear 14 bolt was cleaned up and painted.
48b1c7be-17bc-e943.jpg

Now with the roof gone i basically have a reinforced unibody and boatsides on a 4 door. This guy built a nice looking cage that I definitely plan on copying almost exactly. Here is the pic of his cage.
attachment.php

and last but not least... I got a hell of a deal on some brand new corbeau seats from a neighbor for $150... here's a pic
5a5a4cb0.jpg

Bout time for an update. Good deal on the seats.

I've got the shackle relocating brackets. Did you have any issue setting the angle on your shackles after the spring flip? Aren't you worried about them collapsing prematurely?

not really worried about them too much... as long as they are clamped they will be fine. this is where the shackle angle is at right now...
048f329a.jpg

i think i may need to go one hole towards the front for more down travel.

here it is from the back... these pics are from like right now... so this is how it sits...
b42416db.jpg

Back