• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Articulation with minimal lift

Here's a pic of me maxed out. I'm stuck cause my front passenger tire is crammed and the same with my rear driver side. I' runnin no sway bars and bumpstops that dont even function cause i never replaced them after i went up the 3.5 inches. If I got longer bumpstops, would I flex better??

614383_6_full.jpg

if you are getting stuck because you are flexing out so much that your tires are stuck in the fenders, maybe the solution is less flex and lockers. seems to me you could go more places with very little flex and locked up axles. i know the only times i have been stuck (avoiding mud though) have been when i was flexed out front and rear and just spinning the tires that don't have as much weight on them. the jeep flexes pretty well stock w/o antiroll bars, but that doesn't matter if you don't have traction on the tire that needs it.

Inisadow said:
Right now I am at 3inches of lift and my rear completely out flexes the front. 10+ inches of travel with 2 xj leaf packs put together and a 1.5inch lift shackle I am getting 10inche travel shocks for myself for christmas so I can actually use this articulation.
Just curious, you're using 10" travel shocks on a 3" lift? Is your rig running on bump stops all day long?

Sorry, i don't see how you could use 10" travel shocks with a 3" lift :D

I measured my suspension at max stuff and max droop and I need 10inchs of travel. the 6inch travel ranchos only have an inch of down travel right now and that is after extending the top mounts an inch. exact measurements came out at 14inches compressed and 24inches full droop that is distance shock eye to eye. XJoachim If you're gunna make me look like an idiot tell me why I am an idiot so I can reevaluate my decision if need be. And I am not trying to take a jab at you here seriously if you got some info I dont please communicate it thanks.

Back