• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

are these safe and usable on an xj?

M.O.R.E. has a variation of the same thing.... merely wheelbase adjustment aides....

09.jpg

jrowell said:
I've been out there twice, and never came across that. It looks like a good time. Usually in pics, you do not get across the feeling of how steep & hairy stuff is. In that pic it comes through!

Good times!

Jeremy

I've been out there four or five times. The last two times in 07 and we came across that spot twice now. The place changes and is pretty big so im not surprised you havent come across it. The first time 2 or 3 people made it up with some effort. The second time nobody felt like possibly rolling their jeep so nobody made it up.

jmop said:
Before I cut the body completly up I was running 39.5's with TJ flares and had cut the fenders past the pinch seam to the door and actually cut the door in a spot.

I had to move the axle back to keep the front of the tire out of the fender at rest. That was with 6" lift leaf springs. At that point I believe I had a 104-105" WB with some in the front and some in the back.

Wait, 39.5's with a 6" leaf? Where are the pics? :D

cal said:
its against the law to use any kind of block on the front axle of a vehicle, and for damn good reason. Don't be in front of any of those guys when they try and stop.

To the original poster:

Why do you want to move your axle? If you're running a tire so large as to not fit in the wheelwell, this is for sure not the way to fix it..

I think that most of the ones using them in the front are trail only rigs, but anyway I am not trying to justify anything.... just stating some knowledge.

Back