• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are all OBD2 inline engines JTEC?

Cummins90

NAXJA Forum User
Was there ever a AMC/Jeep inline 6 powered by the Chrysler Co. (Huntsville/Motorola) NGC PCM? It looks like even the 2006 Tj was powered by a JTEC II?

To my understanding the NGC has the ability to interpret above atmosphere manifold pressure and can be resscaled to handle up to 25psig. If the computer was configured to run a 4.0 has anyone retrofit one into an older jeep to run factory boost? Did the 05/06 TJ use a narrowband o2?

Is there anything really limiting the ngc from being installed on a 00 Or 01 Cherokee? It will run the coil rail and pick up the crank and cam inputs?

Some of the sensors are different so you would have to swap those as well. You would need a manual transmission version otherwise it will be unhappy about not finding the 42RLE TCM

It would be at a tuner to be rescaled for boost in sure there us a way to change the TCM part of the controller. This is just a thought I had kicking around for a minute but I am nowhere doing anything.

Back