• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are 6* shimms, on '89 with 4.2" lift a good choise ??

Measured pinion and TC angle.
Pinion is 5* upwards
TC is 6* downwards

That makes the pinion 1* lower which should be right for compensating the axle wrap.

Much less vibes, but the ones I still have are caused by the play on the yoke and TC output shaft.

That's it for now.

Looks like you have your angles figured out, but if the yoke is still sticking out like your picture indicates, I wouldn't be driving it. The first time you need to use a heavy foot on the brakes, you'll probably loose that shaft.

Measured 5/8" more out then it was before it's the picture at the top inserted in the big pic.
RE has a 5/8"longer yoke.
Think I'm going to put my $$ on that one.

I'm not doing highway driving untill it's solved.
And it's not my daily driver anyway, so I'm realy easy on the yoke and hope to fix it in a week or so.

Later.

MaXJohnson said:
Looks like you have your angles figured out, but if the yoke is still sticking out like your picture indicates, I wouldn't be driving it. The first time you need to use a heavy foot on the brakes, you'll probably loose that shaft.

Back