• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

APN or Pacesetter

BIgDaddyChia

RRC Organizer
I need to replace my manifold. I have heard the good and the bad on pace setter and no bad on APN. However with APN I have to get a new down pipe made for it, as with the pace setter I dont. I am not worried about the paint flaking on the pace setter because i am going to wrap it anyway. So need some opinions why is one better then the other.

I'm gonna try pacesetter on my next go around. Probably get the ceramic coated one. I'm not really a fan of the apn/banks style. I prefer longer, more equal length tubes of the borla and pacesetter designs.

a stock down pipe is a cheap junk yard peice. the dent near the top of the down pipe can removed if heated and pushed out. problem solved. yu cant beat the apn for the price.

I have had Pacesetter stuff back in my import days, it is crap, rusted out in a few months and had several cracks in it. Just get the APN if you want to stay stock, if you are looking for performance then pay the ectra and go Banks or some one that is reliable.

robjohns said:
I have had Pacesetter stuff back in my import days, it is crap, rusted out in a few months and had several cracks in it. Just get the APN if you want to stay stock, if you are looking for performance then pay the ectra and go Banks or some one that is reliable.

Whats this rust you speak of. I live in central Texas. We dont rust around here

I am in the process of installing a Pacesetter. I would not recommend it unless you have a welder. It would not fit when I first installed it. The lower section hit the bellhousing hard and was less than 1/4" from the front driveshaft universal. After cutting and welding, it is better, but I wish I had gone a different route. I think they sent me a 2wd header.
That and you have to strip off the cheap asze paint they put on it(not high heat paint) and have it coated or resprayed with high temp paint.
Pacesetter has not been worth it IMO.
With all the work I have put into this header, I would have been better off spending the extra $$$ to get a borla or other high end header.

Can you take a pic of header?
I believe they have redesigned, secondaries/down tube section.

DO NOT WRAP HEADER!!!
It will make the mild steel brittle and crack.

I co-sign robjohns, back when I drove hondas and looked for cheap ways to modify them I bought pacesetter products. They're horrible, I wouldn't even use their stuff if it was free, and I'm poor.

Skylar said:
I co-sign robjohns, back when I drove hondas and looked for cheap ways to modify them I bought pacesetter products. They're horrible, I wouldn't even use their stuff if it was free, and I'm poor.
Only difference were not driving a Civics
I haven't had any serious issues with them. The two minor issues were clearance at the down pipe and the front driveshaft.
They sent me re-designed intermediate piece with longer secondaries.
The other minor issue was the slip fit joint on the secondaries leaked, I couldn't tighten clamps enough and I didn't want to weld for future removal.

I have since purchased Torctite stainless clamps to seal up the new piece, also looks like Pacesetter started using a bolt together style flange.(haven't called to confirm)

For future readers: get the ceramic coating, lower underhood temps, faster cat heating and keep exhaust velocity longer I should have saved $ for it.

Back