• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

APN Manifold warranty info?

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
I am having a hard time finding the contact info for APN about replacing my cracked manifold. I bought it back in 2010 and have no clue where my online order paper work for it is now. All my google searches seem to pull up are places that sell the manifold or forum threads about them, no actual company site or contact info.

I thought that I always read how great the company was with sending out replacement, hmm. I usually never bother with warranties on stuff like this but thought I would try it since I herd such good things.

I thought that I always read how great the company was with sending out replacement, hmm. I usually never bother with warranties on stuff like this but thought I would try it since I herd such good things.

I got my $130 out of it but wouldn't mind a spare for the garage. It's clearly a cheap part.

I was thinking of splurging on a Banks manifold this time just to see how it holds up.

You will not be disappointed if you do so. The current Banks headers are the best on the market.

I still see a lot of people having cracking issues with the newest Revolver style though, makes me hesitant. Another APN plus a flex section(which I put off last time but will do this time regardless of manifold brands) might be good enough. I'm not looking for any type of gains, just longevity in the part.

I do find it hard to give my business to a company that doesn't stand behind a warranty though and makes it just impossible for people to contact them.

I bought mine in '08, but didn't delete the order confirmation email, so I searched my archived mail for "manifold". Googled the part number(s), and in just a minute or two found them. Contact info is just a few clicks away, if you bought it through INP/APN/NAL.

APN
http://www.ineedparts.com/apn-jeep-exhaust-manifold.html

AKA National Automotive Lines
http://www.natauto.com/exhaust-manifolds/

That said, I see half a dozen part numbers for the same manifold depending on where you look, only a 1 year warranty on another link, a few dead links, and some with no warranty mentioned at all, so finding your particular seller, or even the actual manufacturer, will probably not be so easy.

http://atpautomotive.com/exhaust-manifold-101212

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=733196&postcount=67

Last edited:
I still see a lot of people having cracking issues with the newest Revolver style though, makes me hesitant. Another APN plus a flex section(which I put off last time but will do this time regardless of manifold brands) might be good enough. I'm not looking for any type of gains, just longevity in the part.

I do find it hard to give my business to a company that doesn't stand behind a warranty though and makes it just impossible for people to contact them.

I know several people with modern Banks, none have ever broken them. This includes 4643 which goes through more severe heat cycles and physical abuse than most Jeeps... Put together.

As for people who have broken them in order to make an honest case for the manifold being the problem they would need to be sure they have good engine mounts and the rest of their exhaust system is property mounted. If it's flopping around downstream it's going to over stress the the header.

When my APN failed I ended up getting a Doman for free, it's on my stocker so performance was not an issue. Personally I am not a big believer in the expansion joint, I think that is a band-aid over a design failure.

Last edited:

With the revolver RMA's went from dozens a week to a couple a month. People still break them because they have broken down crappy jeeps with worn out motor and trans mounts, bad exhaust hangars, and try to use the header to support the drivetrain.

And they stand well behind their warranty. ;)

Well, I put in my Banks order today (amazon has it for sub $400 fyi). I have Brown Dog poly motor mounts and a brand new transmission mount. I always looked at the flex section as a no-downside cheap insurance, seems like it would take all the weight of the exhaust off the manifold.

Hubs, those are all the same links I found as well, like I said, I was able to find people selling them but not warranty contact info. I emailed INeedParts, waiting to see if they will do anything.

As luck would have it.... I just replaced a cracked header on the 96,with an APN from RockAuto, Limited lifetime warrenty....they say...

Try to find info here www.ATP-INC.com

The box was labeled "Greywerks" made in China.....

Thanks for that, I was wondering if they have become ATP and moved away from the APN name and it would seem so. Rockauto now sells the ATP branded manifold not APN.

According to their site, it now has a 1 year warranty and that only applies to their direct sales customers.

http://atpautomotive.com/exhaust-manifold-101212

Just to note, still no reply from INeedParts.

As luck would have it.... I just replaced a cracked header on the 96,with an APN from RockAuto, Limited lifetime warrenty....they say...

Correction,,,
APN was on it and cracked, ATP from Rockauto went on.

I don't think it's a name change; I think APN was never the manufacturer, merely the distributor. Lloyd's post is 8 years old. FWIW...

DITTO X10 to the 1000 power!!

They are being sold by:
http://www.autopn.com/store/pc/view...idProduct=20009

Label on box is:
NAM
National Automotive Manufacturing, Inc.
Part No. 327211
New Exhaust Manifold
Replaces Hollander: 1533

Label under that is:
Graywerks
by atp
Made in China
Part No. 101112

Website is:
http://www.atp-inc.com/new/05-32.php#

On this website, part number is 101212 instead of part no 101112 on mine from Autopn. But the part number 101212 is the form number on instrution paper I received.

On website they have a good info .pdf on header:
http://www.atp-inc.com/new/ChallengeYMailer.pdf

Last edited:
My Banks manifold showed up today, first impressions, well packaged(from amazon but in the factory Banks box), really well made, good welds all around, better design than the previous APN I think at least and then I see deep scratches on the block mating surface...

I'm not sure if its anything to worry about but the nice flat mating surface has a section of deep scratches. Kind of disappointing when buying the best out there and it shows up with issues right out of the box, I will try and get pictures tomorrow. I hope they arent going to cause any leaks down the road or if I should just contact banks and see if they will replace it before I move forward.

,my luck.

My banks had tooling marks from the bending process... brush strokes on the mona lisa AFAIC.

Banks is about performance, not show. If we are talking about the same scratches, its not an 'issue' at all...

edit: nm, thought you said on the matte surface, not mating surface. pics will tell.

I tried contacting Banks, no response, decided to just do an Amazon exchange which the new one will be here tomorrow. I have a few pics but it was really hard to get the scratches to show up with glare washing them out. They are deep enough that I can pick at with my fingernails and right on the mating surface of the #2 pipe and then more on #4 I think it was.

I have to imagine anything that deep where the manifold meets the block and even with a new gasket there's a risk of not sealing. It looks like something had rubbed against the surface scratching into, definitely not tooling marks and doesn't seem to have happened during shipping. Aside from those marks there's not a single blemish anywhere else.

Back