• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone want to make $1400??? Need a hauler

SeeingSpots

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ is in Austin and needs to be transported to Bend, OR. The car transport company that we're using royally screwed up and my Jeep has been at a neighbor's house for the last 2 weeks because Montway cannot find a transporter to pick it up. Which is BS, but I digress

Reaching out to you guys to see if y'all know of anyone or if someone here would like to make some quick cash off of 2 days of driving.

Thanks,
Jim

Hey Guys,

Sorry about the slow reply. I just got back from my 2nd 30hr drive from Austin to Bend in as many weeks. Basically the transporter called me early last week and admitted they had no one that was willing to take that route - this was after they kept my $200.00 deposit for over 45 days. Empty promises, no call backs, and bold-face lies that they could find me someone. NEVER use Montway. EVER.

They ended up giving me back my money and I used it to buy a 1-way ticket back to Texas; rented a Uhual and a trailer, and hauled it back to Oregon. HUGE pain in the rear. Ended up saving $100.00 over what the carrier quoted me, but it was 3 days of my life that I'll never get back.

Thanks again for all that inquired. The XJ is safe in my garage. Nothing got ripped off in the process. Thank God!

Jim

Back