• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone use or even seen this winch? Summit brand.

ROBERTK said:
Umm that guy still is 250$ more then summit. But good to hear good things about the T-MAX stuff. I just ordered it and about 680ish deivered in 1-2 days.

Wrong.

I bought a EW9000. Not the EW10000.
I got a very good deal. I'm not going to advertise what I paid but I'd much rather have the name brand considering what I paid.

Ohh, the benefits of being RED.:D

Hale

Haleyes said:

well that link/thread is dead on.

My box came today:
DSCN0149.jpg

it had a T-Max winch with a few summit racing stickers on it.
DSCN0150.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg

and then one of the major cast in to the winch evidence that its truely a pure T-Max winch.

DSCN0152.jpg

so needless to say, I am happy I got one. Now to get it on the front bumper...

Mine came today too. My box isn't near as beat up as that one is, but it looks like it's fine.

My bumper is ready, I just need to finish installing my new battery cables so I can run the winch off of the top posts. I'd like to install an inline switch so power is not always going to the winch. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

Congrats on a fine purchase!

Hale

Timber said:
Unless you turn it on, power's not going to it.

Power is always going to the solenoid. At any time all that is needed to operate it is the remote......or a clever teenager, a paperclip and a pair of pliers.
Ever see those pics where the cable is unspooled and ran over the vehicle and attached to the rear axle, and pulled tight?
I want to eliminate that possibility:D I really don't think that'd happen around here but you never know. I'd rather spend just a few bucks and some time for the piece of mind.

99.99% of the time I'm going to know in advance when I may need to use this thing. I'll just pop the hood and hook it up.

Hale

Timber said:
What about Summit's other line-pull rated winches, though? Are they all T-Max's?

Yes, all their winches are T-Max with summit stickers. They don't outsource a manufacture to build them, they simply rebadge and sell the T-Max line-up.

I just recieved my EW 9000 Summit winch today and thought I would post up. It seems as though they have changed the side plate so it no longer says T Max on it any more. Also there are no T Max stickers under the summit stickers and it came with a manual that does not say T Max but says summit.

The best part about the winch is that online it was advertised with a 90 day warrenty but the manual says it has a 1 year warrenty. I don't kow what summit is going to say but if I have a problem with it I will insist on the 1 year warrenty. It looks like a very good quality unit and I can't wait to use it.

jeepboy381 said:
I just recieved my EW 9000 Summit winch today and thought I would post up. It seems as though they have changed the side plate so it no longer says T Max on it any more. Also there are no T Max stickers under the summit stickers and it came with a manual that does not say T Max but says summit.

The best part about the winch is that online it was advertised with a 90 day warrenty but the manual says it has a 1 year warrenty. I don't kow what summit is going to say but if I have a problem with it I will insist on the 1 year warrenty. It looks like a very good quality unit and I can't wait to use it.

did you open the motor side plate to see if it was still the series wound motor? if so i think i found my winch

Just to warn you I'm a cheapskate.

A guy in my club runs one of these and it works great. It has the wireless remote and 5.8hp. At $340 plus $60 shipping it's pretty cheap. Comes with a 6 month warranty. I've been looking at picking one of these up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10000-LB-Winch-10000LB-Waterproof-Wireless-5-8-HP-SB_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43984QQihZ009QQitemZ190199947665QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

specs_10000.jpg

Have you checked out Harbor Freights 10000lb winch. I know it's not as nice as the summit winch but it is definitely cheaper. Which is very important to me.

Here is a link: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91905

Line speed (in feet per minute): 6.56 FPM @ 2000 lbs., 6.23 FPM @ 4000 lbs., 4.92 FPM @ 6000 lbs., 4.26 FPM @ 8000 lbs., 3.28 FPM @ 10,000 lbs.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]12 volt, 4.8 HP, Drum diameter: 2.64'', Gear ratio: 294 :1, Cable size: 3/8'' x 100 ft.; Bolt pattern: 10'' x 4.5'', Overall dimensions: 21.9'' L x 6'' W x 6.8'' H, Weight: 84 lbs[/FONT]

And it's on sale right now for $399.99

I'd perfer the Gorilla though. Just my $0.02.

edit* didn't see the Gorilla was already posted. But as for the brand name who cares. If you can get two of them for the same price as the name brand then who cares. Besides, the guy in the club who runs one hasn't had a problem yet except for the fact that the wireless remote battery died the other day.

Last edited:
Back